• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRS BC-18 vs RRS BH-30 for supporting Binos on rrs Cinema rail

tihz_on

Typer Snyper
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2017
Seattle, WA
IM trying to decide whether to go with an rrs bc-18 or a bh-30 on top of the cinema bar. Trying to gauge whether the RRS BC-18 is enough to support a pair of binos for spotting/Ranging. Ergonomics and any quirks, and gotchas from any users. I will have a swaro spotter on the other side of the Cinema Rail.
Looking for advice from those who use the BC-18 micro ball head or the BH-30.

thanks!

I have a Leofoto mbc-18, I know I’m a piece of shit haha, but use it for my range finder. It’s a clone of the rrs and the clamp force on those micro ball clamps can support quite a bit, binos won’t be an issue. I like the ballhead for binos because I can pan easier if I’m spotting on multiple targets.

Reactions: tihz_on
I have a Leofoto mbc-18, I know I’m a piece of shit haha, but use it for my range finder. It’s a clone of the rrs and the clamp force on those micro ball clamps can support quite a bit, binos won’t be an issue. I like the ballhead for binos because I can pan easier if I’m spotting on multiple targets.

haha, no you're good man. It is tough sometimes when you look at the cost of leofoto ballhead and it's less than half the cost of an RRS. But last i checked, i don't see LeoFoto putting anything on prize tables and some of their things look to be almost Exact CC of RRS. And the moment i use the RRS product, the thought of the cost is out of mind.

I ended up getting a BH-30 with Full clamp. the thought of the extra 10oz on my back, ugh. Haha.