• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRS polymer Arca cinch for binoculars

deersniper

Protecting the Sheep
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 22, 2007
    Northeast
    Just saw this. Ships Dec 1 and only $40.

The metal cinch works great

Interesting. I wonder if there will be any play given the material? I'm sure RRS it will be top notch, however.

Last edited:
    Reactions: deersniper
    I'm definitely interested now. The $100 for the Cinch Elite is a bit much, i may still get one. Being RRS i'n sure the quality is there, but for what it is, it's hard to stomach.

The aluminum one is spendy but solid as a rock and light. Worth it to me

BIt of a necro thread but For $40 I thought I'd try the polymer model, it's a very dense/hard material, so if you aren't beating on it, it should last a long time. Also since the Arca rail themselves are poly, for high use probably better to shell out for the Aluminum model. Unfortunately it doesn't really fit the Sig Kilo 3000's very well at all they just don't have enough barrel to work with beyond the hinge. You can kind of jury rig it, and it would probably stay. Honestly Sig really should have made the barrels another 1/2" longer, the objective lenses are super exposed, they might be recessed maybe 1/8".

Is the polymer one just different? I have the aluminum one -

1611191183642.png

1611191203623.png

BIt of a necro thread but For $40 I thought I'd try the polymer model, it's a very dense/hard material, so if you aren't beating on it, it should last a long time. Also since the Arca rail themselves are poly, for high use probably better to shell out for the Aluminum model. Unfortunately it doesn't really fit the Sig Kilo 3000's very well at all they just don't have enough barrel to work with beyond the hinge. You can kind of jury rig it, and it would probably stay. Honestly Sig really should have made the barrels another 1/2" longer, the objective lenses are super exposed, they might be recessed maybe 1/8".

Going to have to update. I took the plunge for science and bought the polymer cinch for the Kilo 3000.
    It's tight, but it fits.

Attachments

• IMG_3974.JPG
      IMG_3974.JPG
      416.9 KB · Views: 71
    That's fair, I guess to me I don't like how it pinches where the lens threading is (admittedly probably paranoid), and I also run lens caps so it interferes with the attachment for those, and I wasn't fond of the idea that the strap isn't on a round part of the barrel, it has to go over the various angles/ridges so I figured it probably would not be as secure/solid as it should be. I think attaching to the threaded tripod mount is probably a better bet for me with these, with something like the Outdoorsman setup. That said I do really like the RRS setup, just not how it interfaces with the 3000's.