• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WTB RRS TFC-14 MK2

Wanting To Buy

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    FOUND

Title says it all, looking for a clean RRS TFC-14 MK2. If it comes with a BH30LR or Anvil 30 thats cool too. Not interested in any other models, need something lightweight but solid for hiking and backpacking.

Scammers fuck off. I'm not going to fall for your shit so don't waste your time.

Last edited:
    Reactions: CopenhagenRealTree
    I very recently purchased a lightweight tripod for hiking and backcountry hunting use. To clarify, this is not my only tripod. I have an older Gitzo 2 series 6X Carbon tripod with a RRS BH-55 head, a new to me RRS TVC-33 with TA-3 leveling base, and an old Slik Sprint Pro II with a padded cradle that does not clamp.

The Slik tripod with the padded cradle has been my backcountry/hiking shooting support. It also supports binos for scouting. I sometimes rest a light fill medium Gamechanger on the cradle for improved stability. It has worked decently. It
    only weighs three pounds. I used it successfully to take an elk at 400 yards with a 308 from a standing position. Now that most of my rifles have Arca rails, I felt like I could improve on my stability with an Arca ball head and new stiffer carbon tripod. I wanted to keep the weight and size close to the same as my Slik setup if possible. This size and weight has worked very well for me as far as finding a place in the pack or just carrying it on my shoulder. Bigger/heavier options often get left behind.

I love RRS products and looked at the TFC-14 as well. I felt like it was a little to close in weight to my Gitzo 2 series and was more than I was wanting to spend for this project. Even used, would likely command at least $1000+. It would also end up closer to 4 pounds with a lighter ball head.

Around this time I found a used RRS BH-30 in like new condition for $200. 11 ounces, small in size, and a decent 15 pound weight rating. Panning base for use with binos, nice.

Looking back at Gitzo, the 1545T traveler legs showed a lot of promise. 2.3lbs, 51 inches tall without center column raised, and with the center column raised allows comfortable viewing standing of binos in a Cinch LR binos clamp. The legs were found new on sale from a large vender online for $399, the head was $200 used.

For $600, it is a heck of a setup. Much more stable than my Slik/cradle setup, can let go of the rifle safely, and feels slightly lighter than the Slik/cradle combo. It packs down to almost an identical size. I can highly recommend this setup for a lighter weight precision hunter rig. If wanting to support heavier rifles and for more all around use at the expense of some increased size and weight, look at the 2545T traveler for $539 on sale recently. It is closer in weight and rigidity to the TFC-14.

I can take and post some pictures if you are interested. I never dissuade someone from buying RRS, as it is quality stuff. They don’t offer a tripod though as light as the Gitzo 1545T. Just something else to consider, good luck.

Appreciate the feedback but I don’t want anything but RRS. I ended up finding one though. I had a few douchebags graciously offer to sell me their TFC-14’s for $1200-$1600 (I’m not even kidding). I got a like new TFC-14 with a BH-30LR ball head package deal off eBay for $800 and it’ll be here Wednesday. A few others with no ball heads have popped up on there for $600-$700 if anyones looking. RRS sell on there for what used gear should, not full retail or more for used stuff lol

Reactions: CopenhagenRealTree
    Glad you found one for that price. The BH-30 is sweet. Mine has the compact lever release and it works great.

I see that the TFC-14 is actually pretty short. I was comparing it to the 1545T Gitzo. The 1545T sits in height between the TFC-14 and the long Ascend tripod. Will you use it mainly for glassing/shooting seated? It seems a bit short for shooting standing.