• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRS TFC

tex68w

Mister Bevilaqua
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 10, 2017
    Are any of you using an Anvil 30 with the TFC fixed apex tripod? My Last tripod was a TFCT that had the base for the apex, I worry running the Anvil direct to the stud on the TFC-33 might not be the most secure option for a rifle. Should I retire the TFC to bino use only or will it be durable enough for rifle use?

I would opt for the Anvil specific apex.

Are any of you using an Anvil 30 with the TFC fixed apex tripod? My Last tripod was a TFCT that had the base for the apex, I worry running the Anvil direct to the stud on the TFC-33 might not be the most secure option for a rifle. Should I retire the TFC to bino use only or will it be durable enough for rifle use?
    I run an avil attached to a bowl plate with stud on one my tripods, 25# prs rig, zero issues.

Reactions: tex68w
    That sucks. Could you swap to a Versa series bowl, and then use the $65 Anvil adapter plate?

True, and if I can't find the TFCT apex conversion then I might consider that but it'll make the footprint larger. I reached out to RRS to see if they still plan to make them or if they are indeed discontinued like EuroOptic lists them.

I saw that euro optics says discontinued. Everyone else including RRS says out of stock.

Reactions: tex68w
    I saw that euro optics says discontinued. Everyone else including RRS says out of stock.

Yea maybe that's a good sign that it's not in fact discontinued. I'll see how RRS responds, until then I'll try the Anvil direct to the TFC.

The came back in stock late last week, I nabbed one and it showed up today.

Reactions: Tokay444