• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RRS tripods on back order

Davidu

Private
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2020
This is the response from RRS concerning back order status on the TFCT-33 SOAR with Anvil -30 ballhead or the other 3- series tripods : Hello David,

Thank you for the email.

Unfortunately, it's tough to say when products will be in stock. What I can tell you is we have a long list of backorders for tripods and these are the toughest and most constrained products to build. To give a ballpark answer these probably won't be available for 3-6 months at the least.

My question concerns alternate brands equivalent to RRS 3- series
I’ve read almost all the reviews and comments concerning the other Chinese sourced tripods.
I would appreciate anyone in the shooting world who has used or owns the 3- series 34 mm tripods made by Pro Media Gear
The PMG TR343L 34mm series 59” 3 section tripod appears to fit the bill. Unfortunately, no one at B&H photo or Pro Media Gear had any knowledge of how this tripod functions in PRS like competitions.
These tripods are made in the USA according to their website
That’s why I’m asking here
Thanks

Last edited:

I just got the 22I from them. If you want a comp tripod, this is the best one on the market. They still have a few in stock.

Just ordered tvc-33. Paid for it and went back to website and they are now out of stock. Literally the last one? Hope I get it.
thanks for the heads up DeathBeforeDismount

Just ordered tvc-33. Paid for it and went back to website and they are now out of stock. Literally the last one? Hope I get it.
thanks for the heads up DeathBeforeDismount
(y)(y)(y)

See if you can get on the backorder list for an Anvil30. Call up TOP and they should be able to square you away. Also buy the adapter plate if it needs ones now. The 22I required the type 2 to work with the anvil.

Don’t do it. As someone who played the game of “this will do I guess” I can say it isn’t worth skimping. Just hold out because you’ll end up regretting going with some piece of Chinese trash in 6 months from now when RRS tripods start popping up again.

Keep looking because they’ll pop up here and there. I managed to snag a TVC 34 from @Thermal Optics Plus the other week. Keep checking their site and they also offer stock notifications. I looked one day and all were sold out. The next day, boom, a single 34 in stock. I was able to order it with an anvil plate.

Side note… It is a solid company to do business with. Great communications, fast shipping, and Cameron at TOP even helped track down a TFCT apex for me. Definitely a happy customer.

Reactions: mrmarklin
YUP. Thermal Optics plus is who I order all my RRS from. If he doesn't have it on the website give him a call and he will order it for you. Awesome dude to deal with.

(y)(y)(y)

See if you can get on the backorder list for an Anvil30. Call up TOP and they should be able to square you away. Also buy the adapter plate if it needs ones now. The 22I required the type 2 to work with the anvil.
You will get it, matter of fact it already shipped out! Everything we carry RRS is live inventory so if you can order it then it will ship immediately and if its out of stock the website will not let you order it. Not the case for every brand on the website but even the things that are not live inventory like that will say out of stock in some fashion if we are out of stock for that item. Thanks for the business!

Reactions: deersniper
You will get it, matter of fact it already shipped out! Everything we carry RRS is live inventory so if you can order it then it will ship immediately and if its out of stock the website will not let you order it. Not the case for every brand on the website but even the things that are not live inventory like that will say out of stock in some fashion if we are out of stock for that item. Thanks for the business!
Was super happy to be able to snag a 22I and plate recently. Thanks again Cameron!

If you are waiting on placing a new order for the Anvil-30 ARC in any of the configurations, as said above check out the dealers, especially Cameron with Thermal Optics. I am about to send out some notifications for more product incoming today.

@Davidu as was told to you new orders aren't being excepted right now. If we have to guess it will be about 3-6 months before we start taking new orders with the goal in mind to fulfill all our current backorders to directs and dealers. With that said we are now shipping weekly to those direct customers and dealers with long backorder times so you should be seeing more and more items available if you watch their sites, but I can't promise they will be there long as I point most of my phone calls over to them during this time of adjusting.

This is the response from RRS concerning back order status on the TFCT-33 SOAR with Anvil -30 ballhead or the other 3- series tripods : Hello David,

Thank you for the email.

Unfortunately, it's tough to say when products will be in stock. What I can tell you is we have a long list of backorders for tripods and these are the toughest and most constrained products to build. To give a ballpark answer these probably won't be available for 3-6 months at the least.

My question concerns alternate brands equivalent to RRS 3- series
I’ve read almost all the reviews and comments concerning the other Chinese sourced tripods.
I would appreciate anyone in the shooting world who has used or owns the 3- series 34 mm tripods made by Pro Media Gear
The PMG TR343L 34mm series 59” 3 section tripod appears to fit the bill. Unfortunately, no one at B&H photo or Pro Media Gear had any knowledge of how this tripod functions in PRS like competitions.
These tripods are made in the USA according to their website
That’s why I’m asking here
Thanks
Two Vets Recon is a 3/3 with the legs actually almost a 4 at 38mm.

This 75mm optional base allows an Anvil-30 to be mounted just like on an RRS. So, that gives you the option to use the standard base with attachment for traditional ball heads and Anvil compatible base for...well, the Anvil.

I have the No Name with the Anvil conversion but its a four leg and I see you were looking for a three leg. Very nice tripod and very steady and strong.

P.S. - oops, I see I'm late to the party yet again! haha

Just got my TFCT 34L that I ordered back in November. Took all of five months to arrive but man was it worth it.
So far superior to any tripod I’ve owned up til now. Truly worth the wait.

Attachments

• D99DDEE8-BDB5-40F1-9BAB-01941E313C8C.jpeg
    D99DDEE8-BDB5-40F1-9BAB-01941E313C8C.jpeg
    883.2 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: DetroitRearView