• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RT 6 vs Arrowhead 1-6

I ran an rt6 for years on my ar loved it but upgraded to a 1-8 for the money the rt6 is a steal my buddy has one and mine got moved to my 300blk

Reactions: Birddog6424
I ran an rt6 for years on my ar loved it but upgraded to a 1-8 for the money the rt6 is a steal my buddy has one and mine got moved to my 300blk
I tend to lean more toward Burris optics based strictly just off their durability. Have a xtr3 and a velocity and I have beat the shit out of that velocity on a hunting rifle. Glass quality on both is superb, specially that xtr3.

I tend to lean more toward Burris optics based strictly just off their durability. Have a xtr3 and a velocity and I have beat the shit out of that velocity on a hunting rifle. Glass quality on both is superb, specially that xtr3.
I got a PA 1-8 griffin and yeah the burris is built but I wanted a little more mag and better reticle

You won't regret spending a little more on this or finding one used on here or ar15.com for $450 or less. Have looked through all these and it's worth the little extra for the PST gen II 1-6. TIFWIW.

If you are set on one of those two get the Burris as the OEM the Burris is coming out of is more respected. Also look at the Delta Hornet 1-6x24 it's the same price and out of the same Philippines OEM with a more modern look and different reticle options.

Reactions: Bridges90
RT6 hands down imo. Better eyebox and the 1x was more true and flatter. I had the arrowhead 1-8 not the 1-6 though so YMMV

Reactions: hkguns
The RT-6 might be the best value in the world of LPVOs. The quality of the view, for that price, surprises me whenever I look through one.

The Arrowhead has a more modern external appearance.

Reactions: hkguns and D_TROS
I just purchased a Burris RT-6 to sit on my Barrett Rec7 AR-15 for coyote hunting and so far, I am VERY pleased with it. It is very robust and has survived some rough treatment out in the desert (I already dropped it, climbing over a fence- checked zero and it was spot-on).

The illumination is very good- not daylight bright but perfect for me for coyotes, before sunrise, when I need illumination. There is a bit of fisheye at 1x, but it's only on the edges in mine. So far, for the money, I believe it is an excellent value. Just as a disclaimer, I have no experience (and therefore no opinion) on the Arrowhead. Best of luck in your search.

Reactions: hkguns
I'm late to this one, but agree with the RT-6 recommendations. I have some expensive optics, but the RT-6 is the one that surprises me the most due to the value for the dollar.

About the only complaint I have is somewhat mushy turrets, but I can live with that and carefully dial in elevation.

I just ordered my 5th RT-6 to mount on a Colt upper I found without a lower. Milled and sand blasted the lower this morning and will cerakote it when it warms a little. Going to get a brand new RT-6 when it arrives on Thursday.