• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

RUAG bootlegging Prime’s ammo?

Dewey7271

Boring old bastard
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2014
    Central Ohio
    https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/prime-ammo-instock.6943774/#post-7741927

Got an email from Target Sports USA full of Prime ammo then searched the Hide and found the thread.
    Pretty crappy of RUAG and doesn’t reflect very well on Target Sports USA either.
    If this is RUAG bootlegging the warehoused ammo Prime supposedly paid for then this is b.s.
    If Target Sports is complicit in this then I’m done with them too.

Here’s their link
    https://www.targetsportsusa.com/pri...grain-otm-match-plus-7528240020-p-109362.aspx

Is it too soon to say "thieves abound"?

It seems to me, that a company found a niche, made a product (design), created a market, built a consumer-line, and then it was all grabbed from them by greedy bastards.

Now, IF all that I alluded to above is true.... as a community there HAS to be a work-around AND a lesson to be made. Hopefully, the lesson hurts those who've "done wrong"..... and not the community.

Reactions: Strykervet
    I messaged with Prime and it is in fact their back stock that ruag sold or dumped with target sports. Target sports does not have permission from Prime to sell their Ammo either.

• Sad
    Reactions: QuickNDirty
    I figured they would at least change the branding before they sold it.
    Selling Prime’s Ammo under their name is pretty dirty of Target Sports.
    For the right price someone was gonna do it though.

HEADS UP MFG.'S: We're catching on and many of us have been keeping lists and enacting permanent "no buy" policies, for life. Ie, you fuck us or the sport over, and kiss your business goodbye. If you manage to stay afloat, you won't be the big player here, that's a fact.

I've got a list of boycotts. Some I've stuck to for 20+ years already. Cheaper than Dirt, Sportsman Guide, AAC etc., will NEVER get my business no matter what they do. RUAG has run off most of their US business that are in the know, so congratulations. Sure, you'll be able to sell it and fuck over a smaller company, but what I'm saying is that it will have financial consequences and I can only hope it hits you in force sooner than later.

Oh yeah, and we aren't stupid, we know you make Geco among other brands. When my current stock of Geco ammo is exhausted, I'll be switching to another mfg. --regardless if it's slightly less accurate too. You really burned your bridges with a LOT of shooters, and in the case of this forum, serious dedicated shooters that may go through tons of ammo. Awesome job fucking people over, you know those of us in the sport and industry just LOVE that.

Anyway, rant over, doubt you'll take it to heart even if someone from your organized scam brings it up.

--Just disgusted.

Being conspiracy minded these days at least. I wouldn’t be surprised to see many of these larger gun companies that service the regular joe to start falling on their swords.

Now that the Swiss people have voted away many of their gun rights I think RUAG is ready to wash its hands of the civilian arms market anyway.

Dick’s fell on their sword and we pushed them out of the gun market entirely.
    I expect American arms companies will start following their customers as we push back against weak stances like we see from the NRA, and further gun control pushes by politicians.

Last edited:
    Got a response from MSSS. Sounds like they didn't know what was going on til it was too late.

Hey Jonathan –

Your e-mail was passed to me concerning the Prime Ammunition we’re selling on our website. We’ve seen some of the Social Media battle going on between both Prime and RUAG in the last few weeks and it’s unfortunate. We’ve done business with RUAG for several years and we’ve never encountered a problem, so the claims surprised us. We’ve only really heard one side of the story so far, so we’ll wait and let court settle the dispute before we jump to any conclusions. Our contacts at RUAG aren’t allowed to discuss the situation which seems to be a fairly standard protocol.

As far as the ammunition that we have for sale - that was purchased before this whole dispute was announced. We were offered a deal that we thought our customers would like and we purchased as much as we could afford to take on. We look for over-runs, liquidations, over-stock, blem deals all the time and felt that this fit the same profile for the promotions we often offer. We’ve paid for the merchandise, it’s now ours and we have to sell it.

I hope this clears it up from our end (Midsouth Shooters), I’m afraid that I don’t have any additional information to help understand the Prime / RUAG positions.

Reactions: bunsen27 and 1J04
    Got a response from MSSS. Sounds like they didn't know what was going on til it was too late.

Seems if the court rules in favor of Prime, receiving stolen property doesn't apply to companies? If I were these companies out of concern of litigation against me for selling items I wasn’t given permission to sell would be enough to make me pull it from inventory. But I also would wouldn’t be selling it on principal alone.

I
    Now that the Swiss people have voted away many of their gun rights I think RUAG is ready to wash its hands of the civilian arms market anyway.

Dick’s fell on their sword and we pushed them out of the gun market entirely.
    I expect American arms companies will start following their customers as we push back against weak stances like we see from the NRA, and further gun control pushes by politicians.
    I would think this would make them want to have a stronger relationship with American ammunition buyers not the opposite. Could be the reason also they are trying to kill of Prime so they can gain that share of the market in full. They took the wrong rout in that aspect imo. They should have bought the company and went from there.

Reactions: QuickNDirty
    Seems if the court rules in favor of Prime, receiving stolen property doesn't apply to companies? If I were these companies out of concern of litigation against me for selling items I wasn’t given permission to sell would be enough to make me pull it from inventory. But I also would wouldn’t be selling it on principal alone.

My guess is that the hope there is Prime/RUAG keep the fight to themselves and leave the unwitting third hops out of it.

I

I would think this would make them want to have a stronger relationship with American ammunition buyers not the opposite. Could be the reason also they are trying to kill of Prime so they can gain that share of the market in full. They took the wrong rout in that aspect imo. They should have bought the company and went from there.

You could be right. I guess we’ll see what RUAG does. I saw target sports is selling prime memberships. That suggests they’ll have a long term supply.

As a partially government owned defense company though, politics will be very influential in RUAG’s decision making. Profit is not as important when you have guaranteed taxpayer money coming in. Look at USPS.

HEADS UP MFG.'S: We're catching on and many of us have been keeping lists and enacting permanent "no buy" policies, for life. Ie, you fuck us or the sport over, and kiss your business goodbye. If you manage to stay afloat, you won't be the big player here, that's a fact.

I've got a list of boycotts. Some I've stuck to for 20+ years already. Cheaper than Dirt, Sportsman Guide, AAC etc., will NEVER get my business no matter what they do. RUAG has run off most of their US business that are in the know, so congratulations. Sure, you'll be able to sell it and fuck over a smaller company, but what I'm saying is that it will have financial consequences and I can only hope it hits you in force sooner than later.

Oh yeah, and we aren't stupid, we know you make Geco among other brands. When my current stock of Geco ammo is exhausted, I'll be switching to another mfg. --regardless if it's slightly less accurate too. You really burned your bridges with a LOT of shooters, and in the case of this forum, serious dedicated shooters that may go through tons of ammo. Awesome job fucking people over, you know those of us in the sport and industry just LOVE that.

Anyway, rant over, doubt you'll take it to heart even if someone from your organized scam brings it up.

--Just disgusted.

What did AAC do?

I was wondering the same thing. Just saw the notice a bit ago and that 1krds of 45ACP for 318 looked pretty good.

Noooo.............:eek:

Hi,

Well from the outside this looks like a shitty PR situation but let us all be honest here....I am pretty sure NONE of us are privy to ALL the legal signings, documents and contracts between Prime and RUAG. We only have what has been publicly posted and have no idea what other documents lay undisclosed to the public.

RUAG is not a legal department stupid company so clearly they have something in their hand they are using to facilitate the "offloading" of this ammunition even though it looks bad.

To me this shows that RUAG is damn near 100% certain they are going to win the litigation battle due to some non-disclosed "Ace Card" they seem to be holding somewhere, somehow......

Edited To Add:
    Has Prime's legal department sent "Cease & Desist" orders with proof of ongoing litigation case to the resellers?
    Does Prime's legal department intend to send "Cease & Desist" orders with proof and ongoing litigation case to the resellers?

Sincerely,
    Theis

Last edited:
    Hi,

Well from the outside this looks like a shitty PR situation but let us all be honest here....I am pretty sure NONE of us are privy to ALL the legal signings, documents and contracts between Prime and RUAG. We only have what has been publicly posted and have no idea what other documents lay undisclosed to the public.

RUAG is not a legal department stupid company so clearly they have something in their hand they are using to facilitate the "offloading" of this ammunition even though it looks bad.

To me this shows that RUAG is damn near 100% certain they are going to win the litigation battle due to some non-disclosed "Ace Card" they seem to be holding somewhere, somehow......

Edited To Add:
    Has Prime's legal department sent "Cease & Desist" orders with proof of ongoing litigation case to the resellers?
    Does Prime's legal department intend to send "Cease & Desist" orders with proof and ongoing litigation case to the resellers?

Sincerely,
    Theis
    That or ruag knows they are losing traction so find it better to settle with money vs handing over loaded Ammo to hold Prime over till they find a new manufacturer after litigation. Big corporation vs small business taking out supply help further kill the smaller company.

But as you said we don’t know all the details and can only speculate.