• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruag Brass

RUAG brass for the 338 Lapua is decent but about the only way you will get it new is by buying their factory ammo. Apart from that, it's hard to get unless you can find someone's once fired stuff. Honestly, go with Lapua brass and you won't look back.

Great stuff. You can get it from brassmanbrass.com for pretty reasonable prices. I find no increased accuracy with Lapua brass.

Some source have once fired RUAG brass.

But I would prefer Lapua Brass due to price was nearly the same. If half price of Lapua Brass, I would go with RUAG.

Just so you are aware there are two types of brass from RUAG, normal and the Match brass.
The Match brass is generally on par with Lapua from my experience, although i do not shoot 338 LM so i can not comment on that specific cartidge.
I would choose the Match brass over any other manufacturer then Lapua for sure.
Although owned by the same company, the brass is better then Norma and RWS and they are not produced in the same place any of them.
The match brass is hard enough to find here, so can imagine it is difficult in the US.

Powermac, I did not know about the 2 different qualities of Ruag brass. I thought it would all be the same like Lapua. Thats good info. thanks Jeff