• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Precision Rifle Gear Rubber Feet For Ckye Double/Triple Pull Bipod (Now Ski Feet, too)

derek1ee

Private
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2017
Checkout the ski feet I'm working on here: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...ouble-triple-pull-bipod.7200309/post-11545066

-----

Hello Ckye users!

I've been making the adaptor feet for double pulls to allow the use of Atlas rubber feet, it has been a surprisingly popular product. But despite of what appears of a simple design, it's not too straightforward to make (if I have a bar feed, live tooling, Y-axis lathe, that'd be a different story), and it also bothers me that you still need to purchase the Atlas rubber feet separately.

So this holiday season I took some time to update the design, and now I'm happy to offer a direct rubber feet replacement for both of the double and triple pull Ckye bipod.

I will continue making the adaptors for a while, but think the rubber feet will work the best for most people at a lower overall cost. Both can be purchased here: https://dotechne.com/rubber-feet-and-reducing-sleeve-for-mdt-ckye-pod-double-pull-bipod/

ckye.png

Rubber feet protruding 0.6" from the end of the leg, even shorter than the factory spike feet.
20231221_062457070_iOS.png

Double pull with rubber feet at different leg angles:
20231221_065028432_iOS.png

20231221_065004172_iOS.png

20231221_064929055_iOS.png

Last edited:
Will these fit the lightweight double pull?
I don't have a lightweight version myself to confirm, sent an email to MDT about this, but if you can help making 3 measurement that'd be great:

1. diameter of the feet
2. diameter of the hole on the leg
3. distant from bottom of the hole to the bottom of the leg

1704399374310.png

1704399356191.png

1704399388961.png

Made a new iterations on the ski feet. Double pulls leg is at 30 degrees at the widest setting, so the feet has to be able to pivot 60 degrees. The middle setting, which is what I use most often, is about 35 degrees.

I hope to support all 3 leg positions, but also want to have a really secure ball joint (ideally print-in-place), so I'm making two cutouts to support the widest setting but works in any direction for narrow/middle positions.

Make some test parts now and going to the range to test this afternoon...

1714148545779.png

1714148592697.png

So you use a thin anchor thread to secure the pivot during printing and then break the thread after completion?

No, this is printed on SLS printer, so the beauty is that unfused nylon powder will support the ball joint. Just need to make sure that the gap is as small as possible, but large enough so that the unfused powder doesn't get melted by the surrounding fused section during printing. Another benefit is that Nylon 12 is self-lubricating as well, so a good choice for ball joint.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldrifleman