• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Physical Fitness Rubber handle dumbbells

Bear Pit Exercise Routine

AngryKoala

Old Salt
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2020
Looking at grabbing a set of rubber coated handled dumbbells but I have no experience with them. I was wondering if anyone else has used or currently has a set from Vulcan strength or rep fitness?

I'm also planning on buying a rack but there a crap ton of choices. Currently looking at rogue, rep and vulcan. I like rogue for the USA build and accessories but if there are other quality/cheaper options I wouldn't mind hearing what people like.

I have a Rogue rack with Rogue rubber bumper plates and PowerBlock dumbells. Rogue's stuff is built to last but is not 100% Made it America. It's assembled here which the law change let's Rouge use the MiA moniker. Sorinex is the only truly MiA company that does everything here in the states. Sorinex is expensive but is also used in all professional sports gyms, college gyms and used by SOCOM or it was the last time I checked. If any of that matters to you, you can go from there.

I went with Rogue for a couple reasons... 1) it was the fastest I could get a rack. 2) I'm all for MiA but shit, how much of my other stuff isn't. Rogue works and I feel like I got what I paid for.

The PowerBlock dumbells are solid too. Big and blocky, especially when you get to using heavier weight but it's nice having up to 90lb dumbells that don't take up a whole wall by themselves.

There's a ton of stuff to choose from, but my choices didn't leave me thinking I should've bought something else. Good luck!

I have a Rogue rack with Rogue rubber bumper plates and PowerBlock dumbells. Rogue's stuff is built to last but is not 100% Made it America. It's assembled here which the law change let's Rouge use the MiA moniker. Sorinex is the only truly MiA company that does everything here in the states. Sorinex is expensive but is also used in all professional sports gyms, college gyms and used by SOCOM or it was the last time I checked. If any of that matters to you, you can go from there.

I went with Rogue for a couple reasons... 1) it was the fastest I could get a rack. 2) I'm all for MiA but shit, how much of my other stuff isn't. Rogue works and I feel like I got what I paid for.

The PowerBlock dumbells are solid too. Big and blocky, especially when you get to using heavier weight but it's nice having up to 90lb dumbells that don't take up a whole wall by themselves.

There's a ton of stuff to choose from, but my choices didn't leave me thinking I should've bought something else. Good luck!

Good info, I hadn't run across the Sorinex brand. Interesting, I wonder what rogue doesn't manufacture as I know they have a plant in my home state (Ohio).

I tried both the bowflex block and powerblock brand and I'm not a huge fan. I'm leaning towards rogue so I can eventually add a lat/pull down on the end of their monster rack.

Edit: looks like sorinex has some non-USA made stuff as well.

Last edited:
Good info, I hadn't run across the Sorinex brand. Interesting, I wonder what rogue doesn't manufacture as I know they have a plant in my home state (Ohio).

I tried both the bowflex block and powerblock brand and I'm not a huge fan. I'm leaning towards rogue so I can eventually add a lat/pull down on the end of their monster rack.

Edit: looks like sorinex has some non-USA made stuff as well.
It was something like the steel for the racks is made in China and stamped MiA since we, the consumer's bolt it together here in the states,, thus making it made in America. Also, I remember last year some of the steel was stamped Made in Canada and Rogue took some heat for that. I could be wrong about Rogue as well as Sorinex. The info is what I came across last year before placing an order. So much crap to sift through on the web, hell... I had a $600 dollar rack before that worked too.

It was something like the steel for the racks is made in China and stamped MiA since we, the consumer's bolt it together here in the states,, thus making it made in America. Also, I remember last year some of the steel was stamped Made in Canada and Rogue took some heat for that. I could be wrong about Rogue as well as Sorinex. The info is what I came across last year before placing an order. So much crap to sift through on the web, hell... I had a $600 dollar rack before that worked too.

Agreed, hard not to go with a Rogue rack.