• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruck frame with weight for hikes/jogs

AR is for Argyle

Minuteman
Apr 25, 2012
Gyeonggi-do, ROK
Was planning on getting a molle frame just securing some light weights/ probably 30lb maximum for some occasional jogs/hikes.

I've previously walked/hiked with this set-up before but any other equipment recommendations possibly better suited for jogs?

I use a GORUCK rucker with some home made plates for weight. I use anywhere from 30#s for boot camps and stair work and 55#s for hiking.

Ryan

For weight, get a modified ALICE pack with the new straps/pads. I think its called a Hellcat, Wildcat?

It'll be less than 80$ and will be comfortable, bomb proof and you'll be able to put more weight in it than you can carry.

For weight, get a modified ALICE pack with the new straps/pads. I think its called a Hellcat, Wildcat?

It'll be less than 80$ and will be comfortable, bomb proof and you'll be able to put more weight in it than you can carry.

DevilCat

I just use an old ALICE pack (with frame) and put sandbags in it. As with most, I tailored my weight for a timed hump vs a ruck run. With the condition of my back I don't see many more ruck runs in my future. Conversely, the timed humps are the best things I've found to build my core and strengthen my back.

I use towels or dirty laundry or whatever to fill out the pack and help position the weighted bags appropriately.

What do the GORUCK's run? Looking to do the same training for a late September deer hunt.

Goruck stuff is expensive, but great! You can find used ones on ebay if you want to save a couple of bucks. Or wait a bit, they put stuff on sale periodically. I do training hikes with a 45 pound plate strapped to my bullpac. Best training I can do for my hunts out west. Any cheap frame back would do for hiking. You'd want it really secure if you start jogging, the gorucks are the better bet if you plan to jog. You can get the weight nice and secure, and their packs really sit well.

Keeping the weight close to your back is important for form. The goruck packs are designed for that. They are expensive but its worth a couple extra bucks to help my back for the rest of my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk