• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ruger # 1 torque

mosin46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 11, 2010
florida 32621
not a bolt gun but close? don't know where else to ask. looking for an action screw torque range. the diagonal screw is prob the mail thing? couldn't find it anywhere. specs for 77 are around. might start with those #s if no specific #s on a # 1. i know there are a bunch of accuracy tweaks around. want to start with just the (used) gun as i got it and scoped and see.

Are you referring to the "forearm take down screw" as being the "action screw"?

Ruger doesn't give a torque spec other than this ~ "1. Be certain the forend screw is snugly tightened."

Since this screw is compressing the wood forearm against the hanger, I wouldn't put much torque here, probaby no more than 25 inch pounds and loctite it in, that is what I do with mine anyway.

Reactions: msgriff
thanks. my calling a forearm screw an action screw was wrong. i figure to start about 25 on both if no specific. as you,found no ruger #s on a search. not good factory practice. will see if it shoots. 1 in 12-a big gamble for me-so try 55s and hope. i am a heavy bullet guy.