• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger #1

BADASSFord

Private
Minuteman
Well I finally got my ruger #1 in 22-250 in. The only extra scope I had laying around was a leupold 3-9-40. It actually shot pretty well. Had some good 1/2 in groups at 100yds and a 1 1/2in 4 shot group at 200. Didnt buy it to compete or shoot very much just always wanted one. Anyone else enjoying one of these rifles.

Re: Ruger #1

Always wanted a falling block rifle. There's some simple accuracy tricks to do to the factor rifle that doesn't involve any real gunsmithing work.

Precision Shooting did an article on it around September 2009 I think.

Enjoy it, they're pretty neat rifles.

I've always loved the lines of the #1. The only one I got a chance to shoot was a #1 Tropical in .458 Win Mag.

Chip you got a deal on that rig. I just sold a No.1 AB in 25-06 for $775. It was in as new condition with the box. It was a good shooter and would put 3 100 grain Barnes TSX's into an inch and a quarter at 200 yards. I only sold it cause I needed the cash to build my custom 25 Pronghorn. Good luck on the rifle, you'll enjoy it.

I got a Ruger #1H (Tropical) a while back in .458WM and it is a shooter. Now mind you, this is NOT (repeat...ABSOLUTELY NOT) the rifle you take to the range to shoot all day, but at 100yds with iron sights, it is an extremely capable rifle. I am in the market now to get mine scoped. Probably will go with a 1-4x model. I am loading mostly Barnes 500gr TSX loads at this point and it is extremely accurate. I have also been enjoying some Federal Sledgehammer factory loads with excellent accuracy and penetration performance.