• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10/22 binary trigger issue

Texasflyer

Koala Gladiator
Minuteman
  • Mar 3, 2021
    Texas
    I was in the gunshop the other day and i noticed they had a binary trigger set for a ruger 10/22. So i bought it. My new magnum research 10/22 i had them put in a timney calvin elite, but i wanted to be able to swap and im having them make me a magnum research charger that i really want the binary trigger for. So i go on ebay and order a new takeoff trigger group to swap the parts into. It shows up today and i put it together and it runs a few strings of rounds and then locks up. I tried with the franklin armory hold open which wont even let me put the trigger group in the action, the stock one will go in but then locks the action up and wont release. I ended up just pulling the bolt hold open lever out of the rifle and it runs perfect then, just bugs me when things dont work correctly. I think i read that one trigger housing wouldnt work with the franklin armory trigger, does anyone have any experience with this?

Actually I just had to file mine down some. I filed the bolt hold until its release position was flush with the trigger housing as it should be. I suppose in the prior configuration the spring in the hammer was not in the way of the bolt hold so it rested lower in the housing. While I was at it I filed out that little point that separates positions on the bold hold to make it close even easier. now I may have to try twice to hold the action open but Id rather that than have it locking up or when I set it to open have it not want to close. My remaining issue is getting the binary mode to work however. So until I've resolved that don't assume I just gave you the answer to your problem lol. It may defeat the whole point however I don't see how what I have modified on the bolt hold has anything to do with binary mode. I will take it apart again and see what I got.