• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10-22 build info

ltfirehunter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2008
Rock Spring Georgia
Looking for some information on building a 10-22 along the lines of videos, books etc.

I know these are easy to make very accurate with little work.
So I'm going to convert the one I have into a target rifle.

Re: Ruger 10-22 build info

Also check out Midway USA and Brownells.Search their books and videos. Brownells has very comprehensive FREE material posted on there web site.

If you dont already have a 10/22 to build off of, let me recommend finding an older one for a donor. The new 10/22's are not the same gun. IMHO>

Yeah, I was hoping to find info from from people like builders and such with good tips and tricks.

These guns are so easy to work on.

one of the first things i di on mine was to replace the metal slide stop pin in the reciever with a new polyomer one it saves wear and tear on the reciever and makes it a little quieter
and only about 2 or 3 $ and simple to instale

AGI has a pretty good video on doing a trigger job if you're not intent on upgrading to a competition trigger. Reduced the pull on mine from 7+# to under 4. Made a big difference. Other home mod was to file the boltstop catch to make it auto release. I found the how to on the web, sorry I don't recall the site, but there's more than one. YouTube has some videos on disassembly/reassembly
Good luck!
dl26c

Power custom makes a good trigger kit. Practical Solutions makes a great barrel. You can buy it already threaded if you plan on suppressing it. Not a very good pic but here is one compared to my Rem. 700 SPS 20" barrel rifle. 10/22 is on top with suppressor attached.

DSC02053.jpg

Thanks guys, these post are definetly gonna help.

I know there are alot of tricks and parts that can be done and installed to really enhance the potential accuracy of these little rifles. And most can be done easily by anyone, and even the advanced can be accomplished with access to a machine shop, which I do have.