• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ruger 10/22 Fiberforce Stock

JoeMartin

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2008
USA
Decided to put Advanced Technology Fiberforce Stock's on both my son's, and my own 10/22. We really like the looks of those and since we're using the TSR200 Aperture Sights from Tech-Sights with these rifles we thought these stocks just really looked pretty darn sharp. We also like the pistol grip.

I even picked up four Butler Creek steel lipped banana magazines, (2 for each rifle). And although not needed I expect I'll put a John Mason Muzzle Brake on each rifle.

Anyone have any pictures of their 10/22 with the Fiberforce Stock they'ed care to post? Once I get our stock's changed out, I'll post some pictures, probably late next week.
smile.gif

Re: Ruger 10/22 Fiberforce Stock

Will you use that set-up for the 4-position monthly matches?
Is the stock stiff enough to pull good sling tension?
If I want to shoot 10-22 with a red-dot or scope how is the drop at the comb for decent cheek/stock weld?
I need something different from the original "boat paddle" stock from Ruger.

I'm hoping to use the new stock for the 25 & 50 yard SH Aperture Sight Matches. They haven't arrived as yet but change over appears to be rather easy.

Until I get the stocks switched and field tested I can't really give a field report on how well the sling tension is, but I will pass any info along that I find out in this thread here.
smile.gif

My son and I tested the four Butler Creek banana magazines today. We were fortunate we were able to get into the Range today. We had to drive through about 8 to 10 inches of snow getting into the parking lot, then we trudged through about 8 to 10 inches of snow getting over to the shooting line. I then trudged out to about 35 yards and set up an 8x9 metal swinging gong for us to shoot at while testing our new magazines for the 10/22's.

In each of our two magazines we each loaded 25 rounds of Winchester X22LR in one, and 25 rounds of Federal #745 in our other.

The magazines worked great. We had no trouble with them whatsoever. I would highly recommend the Butler Creek Steel Lips Banana Magazine to anyone interested in wanting higher capacity magazines for their Ruger 10/22's.

Next report on this Fiberforce Stock project will be about the Stocks.
smile.gif

The Fiberforce Stocks came yesterday and they're pretty darn easy to install. The biggest thing is to check and make sure your safety button does not catch on the stock - no problem there.

I like the pistol grip and the sleekness of this stock. If any problem would develope from these stocks I think it would be from excessive snapping on and off of the upper ventilated handguard to disassemble the rifle for cleaning. Advanced Technology should address this and modify the upper ventilated handguard to be screwed on.

Overall, I do like the new stock. It has a good feel for me, (and my son felt the same about his stock), and all fit well. I don't see where there could be any slop in the forearm from sling tension as this stock has a good barrel channel rib/rocker setup that fits good,,, unless the upper ventilated handguard would start popping loose (which could happen if weakened over time from disassembly) - <span style="text-decoration: underline"> </span> <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> I'd suggest addressing this area Advanced Technology and getting a screw fastening option in place. I'd also recommend developing two after market upper ventilated guard bands (for the stock as it is now) - one for the front and one for the rear area to help hold this part to the lower part of the stock. In the mean time I think I'll put electrical tape in those two areas. <span style="text-decoration: underline"> </span> <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span>

Later this morning I'll head out to the Range and field test this new setup. As I said, I do like the feel of this stock on my 10/22, now let's see how it performs in the field.
smile.gif

100_0502.jpg