• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 10/22 lvt... Input requested!

Dog Doc

Private
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2010
Olathe, KS
I am just curious if anyone could give some input on the LVT. I have been trying to decide on a target .22 as a training rifle to improve my skills. I was really looking at the Savage Mk II TR, but then noticed the LVT. I couldn't find much information searching for any details. Do you think this rifle with some trigger modification could shoot as well as the Savage Mk II? The Ruger has a 20" barrel with the same twist rate as the Savage I believe.. This rifle is difficult to find on the Ruger website...It is under the distibutor exclusives and the company ia Accusport.
Just looking for opinions and any input is appreciated.

Re: Ruger 10/22 lvt... Input requested!

What is your main rifle? If it is a bolt action - stay with the bolt action.

The bolt action will likely be more accurate out of the box. If you have a bolt gun, try to get as close s possible with your trainer.

I shoot both semi-auto AR platforms (.223 and .308) and bolt action...
So... I got ahead of myself waiting for input and just bought the rifle in question... Ruger 10/22 lvt. I did look at the Savage Mk II TR, but it did not fit me well. What I mean by that is that I am a lefty, but am used to using right handed bolt rifles. The only ones I can use are the ones with enough of a turn down grip to allow the bolt to slide over my thumb. The Savage unfortunately didn't to this. I know everyone will say to get left handed rifles but I really like using the right handed ones... If they fit me well like my HS precision does!
So I will have to see how the lvt shoots and let everyone know. I am only out about 3 bills as I got a very good deal!Now I have to find optics!!