• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ruger 10/22

Re: ruger 10/22

I havent heard of one but shoters ridge makes one that you can clean the bottom opens up

You're welcome bro. I didn't realize they'd gone up in price. You might want to keep an eye on their site. TS runs specials from time to time. I bought 3 mags (special at the time included: 1 aluminum, 1 poly, and loading tool). Nothing wrong with their polymer mags either fwiw.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=24411...PACITY_MAGAZINE

TI also makes them out of Billet aluminum, but the only advantage is it is heavier and you get a bit of coolness factor in there, not to mention a lighter wallet. Same manufacturer, same warrenty.

Brownells also has one from Volqartsen, but it looks suspiciously like the TI.

I have been shooting 10/22s with hi-cap mage for 20 years and the TI is the best one I have found. Like wise the best loader on todays market is the "shooters ridge"

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=313972

I would suggest however, putting a wire tie around the lips of the well you insert the mag into as the whole action comes apart if you try to crank an extra round into the mag and then you have to find all the little pieces and put it back together (probablyin the field)

When you click on the link from the poster above, it takes you directly to their most expensive magazine ($75 each). If you look on their website at all their available mags, you will see they also offer two less expensive versions. IMO, their mid priced mag also offers good value as well. It's not cheap at $45 each - but it's my favorite magazine for the 10-22. Of course, if you don't have budget issues, go for the top of the line $75 magazine.

I bought 10 Ruger plastic mags. My partner knows how to clean them. Any feeding problems I had were resolved by modifying the rear lower sharp edge of my bolt to a pronounced radius (this reduces the necessary cocking force), and limiting the rifle to standard velocity ammo.

It turned out to be a satisfying and relatively economical approach to reloads, paying roughly $15 per mag at Wallyworld. I can load up 100rd in advance, and just go with the flow.

I did the same thing with my Savage MKII.

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: silver78</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you click on the link from the poster above, it takes you directly to their most expensive magazine ($75 each). If you look on their website at all their available mags, you will see they also offer two less expensive versions. IMO, their mid priced mag also offers good value as well. It's not cheap at $45 each - but it's my favorite magazine for the 10-22. Of course, if you don't have budget issues, go for the top of the line $75 magazine. </div></div>

Which poster were you refering to? I am the one directly above you and posted the link to Brownells that shows the GF poly mags made by TI for $45.00 (less if you have a C&R or other FFL)

I am guessing this was a timing matter and I jsut got there first, but you can believe me My poly TIs are the best hi-cap mags I have ever run through my 10/22s and I have been collecting and building them for 20 years.

If you really want to hear accolades for the TI mags run a search on rimfirecentral.com

I think silver meant me. I just did a quick search for the link and posted it. The high dollar model is what came up.

As a side note, I took my 3 TI mags to the range today and 'tuned' them to my TacSol barreled rifle and they worked flawlessly. Only down side is if I want to use them with one of my other 10/22's I'll have to adjust the set screws.

Just for the record, the "green" aluminum mags are $20 less right now. I got mine in the mail yesterday
wink.gif

I have a mag I got with my Ruger 10/22 15 years ago that is polymer with steel lips, mag looks like shit these dyas but feeds fine. I dont know round count but would say 20,000 is a low number.