• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing RUGER 10-22

camelback

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2006
ky
I need a gunsmith that can ream the chamber on my ruger 1022.It's two tigth not letting the round set all the way.the barrle is match green mountain.Let know how to call?

Re: RUGER 10-22

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rbpilot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I need a gunsmith that can ream the chamber on my ruger 1022.It's two tigth not letting the round set all the way.the barrle is match green mountain.Let know how to call? </div></div>

If it's a stock barrel that's supposed to be a drop in replacement you might want to send it back and tell them it was short chambered. I don't know how GM does their match barrels.

There's a number of gunsmiths on the site, you might try 300SNIPER and ROSCOE

Those barrels are set up for match ammo ONLY. What are you trying to feed it? If there is a problem, send it back to GM and they will replace it in a second.

Having a rimfire chamber reamer on hand can be an accuracy tool.

Many of us have noted that a new rimfire rifle can shoot the doors off anything comparable, but that after time, accuracy drops off a bit and then plateaus.

This is generally caused by an accumulation of lead deposits out at the the very end of the chamber neck.

Employing a chamber reamer by hand to gently chase this lead deposit out can restore original accuracy, and makes a good periodic maintenance step for rimfire rifles.

Obviously, this usually requires removing the barrel to achieve, but taking a bit of time to figure out how to do this without buggering things up can improve and extend accuracy indefinitely.

With a 10/22, this operation is a snap.

Greg

I've had problems with bulk pack Remington in my GM barrel not wanting to fit well. Try a couple different kinds of ammo if you haven't. Just a thought.

J

Are you trying to feed it CCI Stingers ?

If so they are too long for a match chamber.

TC

^^^^^+1

My Volquartsen barrel came with a note in the box that says not to feed it Stingers, it will not fit and will void the warranty. But it feeds everything els just fine.