• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Ruger 22/45 frame

viav13

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2010
Montcalm Co. MI
Does anybody know where I can get a new Ruger 22/45 frame?

I'd prefer a custom metal one, but I'd even take a factory one at this point.

Re: Ruger 22/45 frame

You can sometimes, but very rarely, find them used. Frankly, for a cheap 22, get a Browning Buckmark.

For a 22 pistol that will outlive all of us, get a S&W Model 41. They're a little pricey, but worth it.

Rich

I've already got one 22/45 and was looking for a metal replacement frame for it. Or maybe building a complete competition one from scratch. Guess it just depends on the cost.

Been searching around a ton and its hard for me to believe that nobody makes after market frames.

Check the rugerforum.com. Someone was making some really cool anodized aluminum barreled receiver replacements. I just can't remember the name.

Crap. Nm. I just realized you were talking about the frame.

Thanks for the reply, but that's not what I'm looking for.

Ive seen a number of barreled receiver replacements, not the frames though.

There are no aftermarket frames of either type.
With the popularity of the TacSol barreled receivers, some enterprising fellow will surely begin making one.

Recently a frame went for like $275 on GB, or more than used guns sell for sometimes.

I would sure have a use for some myself and anyone else that has factory barrels taking up space after replacing with Tac-.