• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ruger 22/45 mark III question

beenjammin

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Heres a funny question: I know I want an AAc can , but dont know which .22lr to put it on. I know its goona be between a buckmark or mark III with a tactical solutions barrel, but i cant decide which. I have owned a buckmark in the past and had no issues and read that mark IIIs are beasts to take down. However I fell in love with the mark III on the tactical solutions web page and it seems there is more after market parts for them.

anyone have a suppressed mark III that they didnt like?

Re: ruger 22/45 mark III question

Go with the Ruger. The take down is only an issue until you learn what you are doing, after that it's a snap.

Both are good guns but like you said, the Ruger has a larger aftermarket following

I have the ruger with the integrated can, like it much better than having to screw a can off and on. Built by a guy here in Idaho.
nice, light, feels well balanced in the hand. no threads to screwup...
It was my first and I first thought about the screw on can then I could go back and forth between the mark 3 and a ruger 1022.....I will have an integrated barrel for the 1022 also....price is about the same and
all one unit, much cleaner look and was built for that purpose.
Just my .02 worth, might be all it is actually worth also.
hope it helped.

Rugers can be a pain in the ass for the first time or two of taking apart, putting together, if you have issues, just call the customer service number and they all speak english and are a great help.

I have a couple Mk 2's and one of the early 22/45's that came out. Taking them down is a pain on round 1... actually, putting it back together is the pain, taking it apart is easy (sounds like normal doesn't it?)

The only downside to having integrally suppressed is that if you want to drive to another state to visit a friend and go shooting you now MUST involve the ATF and get the paperwork approved, you can't just leave the can at home and go shooting. That's assuming that where you're going is "can compliant"

If that's a rare occurence for you then no big deal, or buy another one of them if you do travel out of state to go shooting.

5320.20 is not required to transport a suppressor or an AOW to another state.
My 22/45 is my favorite host at home. It's tons of fun.

CHRIS

go to youtube and type "ruger mkIII disassembly" and there is a guy that can take one down and put it back together in under 20 SECONDS.

I have a Mk-II with SWR Spectre can on it and it's about as fun as shooting can be! Put 400 rounds of CCI through it yesterday........and thankful I have six cases of .22 ammo on the garage shelf.

Why not do both ? Here are mine. Both have TacSol 4 1/2" barrels. The supressor threads on either. The Ruger has a red dot and the Buckmark is open sighted.

Ruger_Buckmark.jpg

I keep reading about take down of the ruger... but why do people take them down to begin with? Is it to install aftermarket parts? I was just goona shoot it and clean the barrel good evey now and then.

the trigger and hammer get dirty as hell after several hundred rounds. I tear my mk IIs apart after every brick, remove the grips and hose them out w/ non-chlorinated break cleaner then lube them up and put em back together. I wouldn't reccomend it on a 22/45 it would degrade the polymer

it also really important to tear apart the bolt and clean and lube the firing pin it can gum up after several hundred rounds and cause lots of FTFs

I've put 800 rounds through my Mk-II with a suppressor in the past two days (yep, fun as can be!) and not a single hiccup. I'll likely put another thousand through it before I even consider cleaning it.....and it's been 5K since the last cleaning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've put 800 rounds through my Mk-II with a suppressor in the past two days (yep, fun as can be!) and not a single hiccup. I'll likely put another thousand through it before I even consider cleaning it.....and it's been 5K since the last cleaning. </div></div>

word!
smile.gif
thats what im talking about.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cixelsyd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5320.20 is not required to transport a suppressor or an AOW to another state.
My 22/45 is my favorite host at home. It's tons of fun.

CHRIS </div></div>

There's definitely paperwork involved in taking your can out of state. My dad fell under it when he took his to OH last year, he had a form to fill out and it took about 3 weeks to come back.

Someone gave your dad bad information. You can submit the form if you want to, but it isn't required by the BATF.
Download the form and look at the first entry under "instructions" on the second page. Suppressors and AOW's are not included.

My 22/45 with Outback II.
22_45_ob_done.jpg

CHRIS

Only title II firearms (not suppressors) need 5320.20 (or whatever) to go from atate to state.

And even if you needed one for FA or SBR, one location/form in the state is good for the whole state.

You can find more in the NFA manual, or on silencertalk