• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 77/22 .22LR

stefan73

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2006
    CENLA
    Well I'm working on building up the 77/22 that I have had for about 20-22 years.

I ordered a 17" Walther Lothar heavy flutted, threaded barrel Clarks custom guns . A Volquartsen sear kit, mag release and stock Volquartsen .

I currently have a Bushnell Elite 3200 5-15X40 mildot scope on it and I will put on of my Harris bipods. I'll post pics when everything gets in!

Thanks for all the help here on the Hide!!!

Stefan

Re: Ruger 77/22 .22LR

Can't wait to see it!
    I have been wanting one of these myself but goodness the price of a new one is becoming a little much!
    Are you going to be running the original stock?

I am going to run this stock when it gets in.
    148-gray-laminated-stock.jpg

228-green-laminated-stock.jpg

what are you using for a scope rail? Is there a 1 piece picatinny +20 MOA version out there?

Negative, the best we can do right now is either:

A. Buy a weigand picatinny mount, and throw burris sig rings on to get the 20+ moa needed

B. Drill/Tap reciever for a rail with elevation built in

C. Hope/Pray to the internet god that we can find a set of ruger No. 1 burris signature rings. (you have better chances of finding hens teeth)

I'm just using the stock setup for mounting the optics.

I did recieve my Clark Custom barrel blued, flutted, 17" with a threaded end with thread protector.

I'm still waiting on the rest of the stuff.

I'm thinking about a Ruger MKIII to buddy up with this rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    I'm thinking about a Ruger MKIII to buddy up with this rifle. </div></div>

Find a MKII - the MKIII's have the cheesy cali commi safeties and such. Great pistols, I put as least once box through my 22/45 every trip to the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dantrom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can't wait to see it!
    I have been wanting one of these myself but goodness the price of a new one is becoming a little much!
    Are you going to be running the original stock? </div></div>

for similar money most are going with CZ's