• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger 77/22 Mag All Weather

dustingaunder

Untitled
Minuteman
  • Dec 11, 2008
    Oklahoma City, OK
    www.google.com
    I wandered into cabalas in Tualatin today and they had an almost pristine 77/22 All Weather in 22 WMR for $400. Serial number puts it at 1991 and it has green stock inserts. Metal is in 95%+ shape and stock only has one or two small dings and one decent scratch. I’m not a huge fan of the boat paddle 77s but my dad loves them. I snagged a 25-06 boat paddle at the same store last year and gave it to my pop. It was $499 and came with a leupold vx2 3-9x40 in a set of the factory rings.

Anyone else into these guns? How do they compare to a CZ or Tikka rimfire? Seems like a nice rifle.

5A9706DD-4D5A-41CB-B132-04A804BB12D3.jpeg

I have boatpaddle SS .22LR, .223, .308 and 300 WM, bought them all new back in the day & still have the boxes.
    All but the 300 WM have killed a ton of critters over the years. The WM kills on both ends and I've only shot it 3 or 4 times.
    All shoot well (but not great) with good ammo.... 1 MOA or so, I don't know about the 300, not shot it enough. I had to shim the 22LR bolt to make it shoot reliably.
    Perfect beater, indestructible, lightweight hunting rifles!

I was trying to find one of those before I bought my CZ. I’d snag that thing.

I’ve bought 3 used rifles there over the last year or so. Generally they have trash and it’s all over priced. Once in a while there’s a deal to be found. I always make it a point to walk by and see. My 2 y/o likes to look at the fish so we go in there every couple weeks or so.

The v-block using 77/22’s are pretty fun and you can get aftermarket barrels for them and I think Randy at CPC still works on them and you can have him rework the barrel/chamber/headspace and trigger for about 200.00

For a 1991 @ 400.00 I would snag it for a project gun

Reactions: Sniperstud
    I’ve got two 77/22’s. I bought a new VBZ model 24” Varmint in 1991, and the other, blued with a stainless bolt, I bought used with a 16.5” Lilja barrel. One is in a McMillan Magnum Rimfire stock, and I have another one on order for the second. They both shoot very well, and they both have an irrevocable place in my safe.

Reactions: Frankr
    I’d have bought one of those, great find. Hits a nostalgic spot for me as the first rifle I ever touched off a round with was a 77/22 in the late ‘80s that my dad still has. I think they’re slightly ahead of my CZ455s in build/quality, but the CZs seem to be a hair more accurate generally. Like the Winny 94/22, I’m bummed that used prices jumped to the point of unreasonable immediately after they stopped being produced; priced me out. Congrats! Great find, esp for a cabelas.

I have an integrally suppressed 455 and the action on the ruger is surprisingly nicer. Build quality is very nice for a .22 and for a ruger anything.
    We had an AWC integrally suppressed 77/22 at work. It got beat up and passed around. I wasn’t as big into rimfires then as I wish I was and wasn’t too impressed when the gun.
    Looking back on it. The gun probably had 10’s of thousands of rounds through it without cleaning and it was in a boat paddle stock with some cheap oh 3-9 Walmart special.

wish I still had access to it to clean it and put it in a chassis or bedded stock and put a decent scope on it. Always will wonder how it would have shot with decent ammo. We had tons of thunderbolts or Remington gold bulk for it.

the impressive thing was the action always worked on it. It wasn’t treated softly and bounced around in trucks all the time.