• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Ruger 77/44 Suppressed SBR

dustingaunder

Untitled
Minuteman
  • Dec 11, 2008
    Oklahoma City, OK
    www.google.com
    Got this together for a friend of mine. He wanted a silent destroyer but didn’t want the wait and wanted to be able to use the can on other stuff. Helped him with the paperwork and chopped her down when his form 1 came back. Turned out pretty cool and sounds great.

F138834B-1367-4F0A-99F5-4F512C96938A.jpeg

05777762-B087-40F4-AB3D-99DC310D1FDD.jpeg

Very nice!
    I have been eyeballing the Silent destroyer and also the SRT Arms rifle for a while now... just waiting to come across a smoking deal on a 77/44 someday!
    DW

Damn, something else to buy! What's the cut barrel length and thread?

Last edited:
    Cut to 10.75” and threaded .578-28. It was too small for 5/8-24 threads.
    Sounds like a paintball gun with subs.

Nice setup! I had mine cut at 16" and threaded 5/8x24 by Ecco machine. In cases like this where there isn't enough barrel thickness for a good shoulder, they can mount a threaded collar and turn it square to provide a shoulder.

IMG_20190921_204719987~01.jpg

IMG_20190921_161826021~01~01.jpg

I love it, it's too much fun. Really quiet and 300gr subs hit with authority! Of course less than 6 months after I had a regular 77/44 threaded, Ruger comes out with a factory threaded option, and Henry and Marlin come out with the X and 1894 Dark respectively :rolleyes:. Oh well, the more the merrier.

I could have done something similar but there’s nothing wrong with the .578 thread and direct thread mount was readily available for his can. They didn’t make the threaded 77/44 when we did his form 1. I might get me one. He wanted it the same length suppressed as the factory barrel was so it wouldn’t have done him any good I suppose.

.578 is common for .45 so shouldn't be a problem for .44, but curious how short would you have to go on 77/44 bbl to get 5/8?

I could have done something similar but there’s nothing wrong with the .578 thread and direct thread mount was readily available for his can. They didn’t make the threaded 77/44 when we did his form 1. I might get me one. He wanted it the same length suppressed as the factory barrel was so it wouldn’t have done him any good I suppose.

I'm sure the .578x24 .45 acp thread will work, but I wanted the extra bore to thread root wall thickness of the 5/8x24 and already had a DT adapter for that pattern to boot, so there was no reason for me to go smaller. Ruger is using an 11/16x24 thread on their 77/44s, and Henry is using 5/8x24 on their 44 mag and 45 LC X series lever actions. Both of those should be good fits for rifle muzzle use, but of course, 5/8x24 DT adapters for pistol cans are very common due to .300 BLK use, 11/16x24, less so.

Since a Hybrid 46 would go on this ultimately, Silencerco has both .578 & 5/8 45 tri-lug mounts. Just think I'd feel better at 5/8 and probably wouldn't need as much shoulder for the tri-lug.

Difference between the two threads .578x28 and 5/8x24 on root to bore is about 0.018”. The 24tpi eats up a lot of what you add in diameter. Both threads should be perfectly adequate. I’d prefer 5/8 as well if I can maintain an appropriate amount of shoulder.

Last edited:
    Being forgetful certainly has it's downside but every once in a while it pays off - just found a SiCo 45 5/8x24 tri-lug I don't remember buying!

Reactions: Gtscotty
    I am not trying to hijack this thread. Seeing the title made me wonder, but has anyone ever heard a Ruger 44 carbine suppressed? I haven't found anything through a precursory search of the inter webs.

nice job. I've got a 96/44 that I want to get threaded to use with my Ghost M. This gives me some ideas. Didn't realize that ruger was offereing the 77/44 threaded from the factory. I did see a few of the Marlin lever guns threaded at SHOT, nice to see more coming from the factory threaded. The rugers are nice because you don't have to worry about the feeding tube getting in the way. Plus the throw on the 96/44 is very short.