• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger American 2.0: Anybody handled one yet?

Savageman2506

Private
Minuteman
Apr 7, 2023
Arizona
The new Ruger American rifles look like a promising upgrade of the original design. They claim to have stiffened the stock some, and now they use AR or AI mags from the factory for all models it looks like.

I'm considering getting one for a cheap varmint rifle that I can have my fiancee use if she wants. Anybody have any hands on with the new model yet?

I handled a gen 2 in 243 win almost a week ago and for my needs personally I thought it was great. now the 20 inch barrel is what I need because of blind hunting on the ground and from my truck, being as im disabled and with a permit from fish and game I can legally just hunt or shoot from the truck if I wanted to. to me it is alot of gun for the money and many improvements have been made from the gen 1. fit and finish, bolt lock down feature, better balance, lop adjustment capability, better buttpad, cheekpiece and the ability to change cheekpieces if need be. smoother bolt by a long shot on the one I handled. the feel of the stock was much better to me personally. and it would be much handier to carry than any of me other rifles with it's shorter length and light weight. just my opinions based on me already having a predator gen 1 in 6.5cm. and I like that gun too.