• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger American Go Wild 30-06

Artoaster

Private
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2023
Vancouver, washington
First post here. Just picked up a Ruger American Go-Wild in 30-06 to use in Pacific Northwest for elk and deer. I equipped it with a Burris Fullfield E-1 4.5-14 x 42 (Ballistic Plex reticle) with Burris Zee medium rings. I plan on using Remington Core-Lokt and Federal or Remington cartridges with Swift Scirocco bullets as a premium hunting round.
Interested in any comments about this rifle and optic.

Also, If you have a similar priced set-up (under $900) feel free to talk about your choices.

Thank you,

Looking forward to some good old fashioned forum banter.

New people have to prove they're not bots or AI.

Unknown-1.jpeg

First post here. Just picked up a Ruger American Go-Wild in 30-06 to use in Pacific Northwest for elk and deer. I equipped it with a Burris Fullfield E-1 4.5-14 x 42 (Ballistic Plex reticle) with Burris Zee medium rings. I plan on using Remington Core-Lokt and Federal or Remington cartridges with Swift Scirocco bullets as a premium hunting round.
Interested in any comments about this rifle and optic.

Also, If you have a similar priced set-up (under $900) feel free to talk about your choices.

Thank you,

Looking forward to some good old fashioned forum banter.
Congrats. If you replace the scope you think it will do 8 inch plates at 1000 yards?