• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger American Predator 22-250/ACIS FEEDING issue

Relic72

Private
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2020
Hey everyone first post here. I searched to see if anyone else has had this issue but can’t find anything. So I bought a RAP 22-250 for coyote/varmint and started to customize it. I bought the Magpul Hunter stock to run ACIS mags because Ruger ships it with these lame three round Rotary magazine and I wanted ten rounds on tap. I figured these ACIS/Magpul Pmags would work because other companies sell 22-250 with these same style mags. Well in Reality they don’t work very well with 22-250. I know what’s going on with the mags basically. The 22-250 has a tapered shoulder compared to the .308/7.62x51 so the ammunition doesn’t feed well out of them. You can only reliably feed 4 rounds out of a 5 round pmag and only 5-6 out of a 10 round pmag and that’s pushing it. What I’m curious about is if anyone here has had this same issue with 22-250 and what have you done to remedy it. My friend and I are looking into 3D printing a follower for the one metal ACIS mag I own with a much steeper ramp to see if that works but other than that I’m kinda just lost. I don’t understand how Burgara and other companies can sell rifles that accept 10/5 ACIS mags that work with 22-250 but I can’t get Magpul/TURE ACIS mags to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated!