• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger American predator 22-250

ConnaB99

Private
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2022
Canada
Looking for some feedback on the ruger American predator 22-250, wanting to buy one and drop in a MDT XRS chassis, has anyone else done this? Who’s shooting them? Are you shooting factory ammo or handloads? Which factory ammo has been accurate, what handloads have worked good for accuracy? Thanks!

I have one and it shoots the Varmit Express 50 and 55 factory ammo at just a hair under 1" which is plenty good out here in Southern NV for coyotes. I have my AAC762 can on it and it is quiet. I'm still working on a handload with 68/69 grain bullets.

The 1 in10" twist stabilized the 60 grain TMK easily and has stabilized the few starting loads of 68/69 grain loads. I also bought the Bergara HMR in 22-250 with the 1 in 9" twist. Shoots the Varmint Express at just over .75".

Good luck! Oh, that's in the factory stock, an aftermarket stock/chassis will likely improve your accuracy.

Reactions: ConnaB99
I have one and it shoots the Varmit Express 50 and 55 factory ammo at just a hair under 1" which is plenty good out here in Southern NV for coyotes. I have my AAC762 can on it and it is quiet. I'm still working on a handload with 68/69 grain bullets.

The 1 in10" twist stabilized the 60 grain TMK easily and has stabilized the few starting loads of 68/69 grain loads. I also bought the Bergara HMR in 22-250 with the 1 in 9" twist. Shoots the Varmint Express at just over .75".

Good luck! Oh, that's in the factory stock, an aftermarket stock/chassis will likely improve your accuracy.
Awesome, good to know. Thanks!

Reactions: Heretic
I can't comment on the 22-250. I have a 243 dropped into the mdt xrs.

It shoots fine, accuracy good, stock improved it which is good.

2 things about the stock though, wish that the QD sling mounts would be re-positioned in the butt (middle or bottom). The sling I use interferes with my cheek placement, so I had to use the QD mount on the other side.

First time using it in some bad weather, (misty, so rifle would get damp after all day coyote hunt) would wipe rifle down and then let dry. After 3 days of this noticed that about 1/3 of the small bolts holding the polymer to the frame have now rusted. Looks like the bluing or whatever coating they use on them has been rubbed off. They should be easy to replace.

I can't comment on the 22-250. I have a 243 dropped into the mdt xrs.

It shoots fine, accuracy good, stock improved it which is good.

2 things about the stock though, wish that the QD sling mounts would be re-positioned in the butt (middle or bottom). The sling I use interferes with my cheek placement, so I had to use the QD mount on the other side.

First time using it in some bad weather, (misty, so rifle would get damp after all day coyote hunt) would wipe rifle down and then let dry. After 3 days of this noticed that about 1/3 of the small bolts holding the polymer to the frame have now rusted. Looks like the bluing or whatever coating they use on them has been rubbed off. They should be easy to replace.
Interesting! Do you have some pictures of your 243 in the XRS? I’d like to see?