• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger American Rimfire Target (Scope Mount Height)

"Kyltro"

Private
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2021
Chile
Hi
Could someone tell me please, what is the height of the scope mount + barrel taper?.
I need to buy the scope rings, but I don't know how tall they should be.., because my ruger rimfire target ss will arrive in two more months.

http://www.mil-rad.com/scope_ring_calculator

Captura-de-pantalla-2021-02-11-131302.jpg

Captura-de-pantalla-2021-02-11-140610.jpg

Thanks.

I had Badger low rings on mine with a LRTSi scope. I also put the EGW base on it

Reactions: "Kyltro"
I'm running Leupold Rifleman 30mm medium rings with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 on mine. The scope just clears the barrel, not by much but I can see light between the bell and the barrel.

I should have gotten "high" rings, they are only .2" taller, and would allow for flip up covers on the scope.

Attachments

• RAR-Target.jpg
    RAR-Target.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 362
  • Timney.jpg
    Timney.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 356
Last edited:
Hello
I appreciate your answers, they have been very helpful.

Will this one piece mount work on the factory installed picatinny rail?

Captura-de-pantalla-2021-02-16-120100.jpg

Thanks.

Hello
I appreciate your answers, they have been very helpful.

Will this one piece mount work on the factory installed picatinny rail?

Captura-de-pantalla-2021-02-16-120100.jpg

Thanks.
I could be wrong, but it doesn't appear from the photos that the factory rail is cut to picatinny specs, especially the solid center section of the rail. Your one piece mount with that center cross bolt doesn't look like it will fit. However it does look like Ruger sells an actual picatinny rail for the American Rimfire rifle https://shopruger.com/Ruger-American-Rimfire-Picatinny-Scope-Base-Rail-22-LR/productinfo/90674/ .

I could be wrong, but it doesn't appear from the photos that the factory rail is cut to picatinny specs, especially the solid center section of the rail. Your one piece mount with that center cross bolt doesn't look like it will fit. However it does look like Ruger sells an actual picatinny rail for the American Rimfire rifle https://shopruger.com/Ruger-American-Rimfire-Picatinny-Scope-Base-Rail-22-LR/productinfo/90674/ .
Hi

I knew the center bolt would not fit but I am interested in getting the ends to fit properly, the groove for the center bolt can be machined later.

Regards.
90627.jpg

Last edited:
Hi

I knew the center bolt would not fit but I am interested in getting the ends to fit properly, the groove for the center bolt can be machined later.

Regards.
90627.jpg
I have the Ruger American Rimfire Standard in 22WMR. I have Weaver two piece mounts. But measuring between the front and rear mounting holes, I came up with only 80mm. Your mount requires 120mm of spacing.

Hello

With all your valuable answers, I already know what is the correct measurements for the installation of my scope.

I have concluded that the installation should be with one-piece scope rings, because they are more precise in their horizontal alignment.

thank you very much to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
I'm running Leupold Rifleman 30mm medium rings with a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 on mine. The scope just clears the barrel, not by much but I can see light between the bell and the barrel.

I should have gotten "high" rings, they are only .2" taller, and would allow for flip up covers on the scope.
Absolutely stunningly beautiful rifle/scope combo. I have the same rifle but my scope will be an inexpensive (cheap) athlon.

I’m looking at this rifle. What was your experience with it. How well does it shoot. Think I could use it in a NRL22 match?