• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger ART Thumbhottock update

charliebrown1999

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2018
Today Fedex delivered my Ruger ART SS thumbhole stock 22LR rifle. The factory in NC called me a day after receiving it and told me to mail them the bolt as they could not work on an incomplete rifle. I returned their call the next day a told them the bolt was in the same factory box as the rifle, just in a separate place and covered with a small section of foam. That was the way it was packaged by the factory when shipped to the dealer. I asked them to call me if they could not find the bolt. Three days later I got a call saying that they found the bolt. That same day I got an email stating that they had fix the rifle and would be notifying me when it would be shipped.

Today I adjusted the trigger and mounted a cheap China made MVPO which has side focus down to 10yds and IR. The reason I purchased this rifle is because I am recovering from shoulder surgery and will not be able to shoot my centerfire rifles until July. So, how accurate is this rifle? The target was at 25yds and this was my best group with CCI Standard velocity 40gr LRN bullets 1070fps. I am sure everyone of you could shoot better.
I will be 83 in April, I wear eyeglasses it has been a year since my last eye exam. I prefer the light weight of a 3MOA RDS but my eyes see 2 red dots instead of just one.

So, the bottom line is; I am happy with the inexpensive Ruger 22LR, I like the thumbhole stock, I like that it is SS, ammo is only 8 cents a round and the best thing is that I can shoot it and not do damage to the shoulder. My advise to you all is " Don't ever get old".

Attachments

• 20240318_162422.jpg
    20240318_162422.jpg
    393 KB · Views: 16