• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger BX-25 10/22 magazine

Re: Ruger BX-25 10/22 magazine

I remember when the after-market mags were about $15. Now they are about the same as this Ruger mag. I'd have to go with the Ruger any day.

Re: Ruger BX-25 10/22 magazine

I have several BX-25's. Best mag I have ever used in the 10/22.

Ruger BX-10 problems... I'm exhausted so please bear with me.

I have a Ruger RPRR and an American and I'm about to sell them both because I hate the magazines
and the issues that they bring with them.
I bought a Loader / unloader and that helped a great deal but I still have lots of FTF and FTE issues.
The magazine feed lip area is some type of magnetic metal and it looks like it was made using the MIM process.
I believe that is how they can make such an intricate piece with no other machining involved. Unfortunately it has left a medium fine surface finish that the 1/4 hard brass case drags across.
I'm inclined to describe the surface finish as being similar to 600 grit wet / dry paper.

I personally would love to see Ruger try and make that piece with a polymer like Nylon 12CF.

Today I reduced the spring tension by at least half to see if that will help. It certainly provides relief with the loading. The Ruger rotary magazine now has about the same spring tension as my Sako or CZ magazines. It is actually pleasant to load. It also allows the cartridge to slide out with relative ease even though it is still rubbing against the same medium fine surface. I will however have to wait a few hours before I can test shoot her as it is 04:15 now.

If you have done anything to tune the Ruger BX-10 mags, please let me know. I think the only tool that I have that could polish the internal surfaces is my FEIN multi master. BTW... that is another fantastic tool to have but you should get the one with the quick release feature.

For this job I will also need my miniature blades as well. I can use a flat blade and stick some lapping film on it because it has a PSA backing. I will use the same type of film that I use to polish my 457 trigger sears. I suppose I had better start thinking of using my Dremel type tool as well just in case.

The trigger shown below has been lapped with 9 micron and then 3 micron Aluminum Oxide film with a pressure sensitive adhesive ( PSA ) backing.

Thanks so much
Shawn Carroll

Attachments

• DSC00072.JPG
    DSC00072.JPG
    210.5 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC09980.JPG
    DSC09980.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00132.JPG
    DSC00132.JPG
    234.7 KB · Views: 15