• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ruger Gunsite Mags

longbow62

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2012
Arkansas
I am wondering if anyone has tried the Ruger polymer AI type mags? The online store says something like not recommended with other AI systems, but I don't see how that could be seeing the guns shipped with the metal AI mags right?

Re: Ruger Gunsite Mags

I bought one of these and looking at them side-by-side you'd think they should work, but the extra width of the plastic compared to sheet metal where the body curves around to hold the shell, or some other factory, is just enough to hold the shell too low to catch the bolt and they fail to load in my R700 with an Atlasworx DBM despite the fact theat it snaps in cleanly and solidly.

Re: Ruger Gunsite Mags

wish i'd have seen this before I bought 2 of them haha. it seems like the curved part at the front is keeping the mag from fully seating in the bottom metal. I may try to grind it down. at least it's cheap if i mess it up and ive got an AI mag on the way.