• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

ThorUSMC3209

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2011
KS
Anybody own one if so let me know how they preform, i was thinking of buying one.

Thank You!

Re: Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle

My father recently picked one up and he loves it. Granted hes a scout fanatic but hes had good luck with FGMM and hand loads about 1-1.25 MOA from a bench not shabby considering the optic isnt exactly suited for target shooting.

Yeah i know i was reading about it and a lot of Cooper Purist were raising hell about it not being a true scout but it seemed like it performed pretty damn good in the reviews and i was looking at getting a rifle of that nature.

I looked at them a while and almost picked one up. Then I decided to build my own on a 700 SA, MCS-T, 20" floated factory barrel chambered in 7-08. Basically the same money and a better product IMHO. You can stock it to your liking, have a better trigger, and have your choice of DBM which will probably be better than what ruger offers. Chances are it will also shoot better. I'm getting easily sub MOA with most handloads and some of the better ones are starting to get down in the .5 area. (I'm still settling on what I want to run in it) Mine also weights just under 7 pound with the optic. Just a thought.

I'm no Cooper purist by a long shot, but the Gunsite Scout rifle by Ruger intrigued me the moment it hit the market. Seems like it'd be a great rifle to have if the SHTF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ykrvak</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I looked at them a while and almost picked one up. Then I decided to build my own on a 700 SA, MCS-T, 20" floated factory barrel chambered in 7-08. Basically the same money and a better product IMHO. You can stock it to your liking, have a better trigger, and have your choice of DBM which will probably be better than what ruger offers. Chances are it will also shoot better. I'm getting easily sub MOA with most handloads and some of the better ones are starting to get down in the .5 area. (I'm still settling on what I want to run in it) Mine also weights just under 7 pound with the optic. Just a thought. </div></div>

You drive a good point sir. but im not on the level of being able to build my own gun yet that's a few years down the road

AMMO - I know exactly what you mean I immediately liked them when I saw them too. But I really want to shoot one before I buy one cause I wanna see how much I would like a scout scope on it and if its much different from my regular M77

I gots one and I like it. I don't have the scout scope, just a plain Zeiss. Like the AI mags, trigger is actually OK, took the flash hider off, can on most the time.

Great bang around the ranch rifle, sighted in at 200, own everything to 300. Shooting 118LR and Vortex 150TTSX. Have shot steel to 600 with it, no issues.

Cheap, dirty and strong..... I am weak for that.....