• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Hawkeye....tactical bolt knob

Airrace115

Private
Minuteman
Jun 29, 2020
I read a post a while back regarding bolt knob upgrades for the Ruger Hawkeye and how there really wasn't any bolt-ons available. The only way was to either go full custom or buy some bolt knob from ebay where that person was charging 70bucks +20something for shipping...100bucks....id rather buy ammo. I just bought this rifle...took it to the range and shot it...and yeah it needs a bigger bolt knob. I watched that video on youtube regarding the KRG...so i pulled out my remington 700 and compared...not even close...but I realized I have
a Mossberg MVP and the bolt knobs were some what similar...after some measurement I realized I need to remove 1mm of material to make it fit. After debating and losing sleep over it...I committed to the idea and decided im gonna hack up my 3 day old rifle! 42mins. Of careful grinding...heck...i did so good i can repolish the knob if i wanted to put it back to stock...naaah! I have pics i want to share but the website saids its low on memory :(

I am guessing before the day is over someone will make a comment about you repolishing the old knob.

Good job on thinking outside the box and not being afraid to give it a go yourself!!

More members need to follow your example.

Best regards.