• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Ruger LCR in 357 mag..

vikz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2007
just moved
hello folks! very excited to show off my latest CCW piece, I went to the funshops today just to browse and what not, son on my 2nd shop that i visited,I saw this LCR and i thought it was in 38spcl., but I looked closer and what I saw really caught me by surprise, there it is the new RUGER LCR in 357mag!,as soon as I touched it I knew i will get it,so made a deal with my Kahr cw40 that i was carrying today and long story short,I now carry this 357mag!!I love the caliber,and the weight is a plus too,a little heavier than the 38spcl.I have not shot it yet maybe tomorrow i can report how it shoots, needles to say I'm a happy camper!!the tag price was 429.99..

lcr357mag002.jpg

lcr357mag003.jpg

lcr357mag006.jpg

lcr357mag007.jpg

lcr357mag008.jpg

Re: Ruger LCR in 357 mag..

I have one in .38spl and love it. My only wish is that Crimson Trace made rubber laser grips for it instead of the plastic ones.

Very nice, I'm not a fan of Ruger but this is verry tempting. How about a few comparison pics between this and your Kahr cw40?

Range report

OK I was able to try my LCR in 357 today and gotta say I love it!!shot 1 box of my carry ammo, magtech guardian gold 125gr and some hornandy critical defense ammo, the recoil is not bad at all, the grips absorbs most of it, the only thing i don't like is how the shavings ( i think is what you call it) keeps hitting me in the face, I think its coming out on the side of the cylinder, but with 38 specials it was a piece of cake, very manageable recoil, I just have to practice with 38spcls and maybe throw in a couple of 357mag every now and again. There was another guy that i know on the other side where i was on the video, and he said it sounded like a canon becs of the echoes hehehe..here is a small vid..

close up vid..

Re: Range report

Compare the LCR to the 340sc. My sc loaded with .357 weights a little over 14 ounces. A lb is 16 ounces. Not pleasant to shoot but you hardly notice it when carried.

SS

Re: Range report

Exactly what I want for my pocket gun. Might just carry it with some hot .38sp+p but we'll see how it is with .357

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 396chevy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice, I'm not a fan of Ruger but this is verry tempting. How about a few comparison pics between this and your Kahr cw40? </div></div>
No experience with rugers autoloaders but not sure how you couldn't be a "fan" of their wheel guns, they're freakin tanks.
My GP100 is one of the most accurate handguns I've ever shot.

I have been looking at one of the .357mag versions of the LCR since Ruger announced they'd be making it. I don't really need one since the Smiths I've got cover my BUG needs, but I really WANT one!

Thanks for the info and the vids, vikz!

Mine is at the FFL waiting to be picked up. I can't wait to go try it out this weekend. I have been waiting for a 357 mag ever since the 38+ p came out on the market.

that is a pocket full of woop ass. i shot full house loads out of one of the superlight smiths and hated all 5 of them. but you probably wouldnt mind having the extra power if the sugar goes to shit. i didnt know they made them in 357. ill have to check them out.

we had a Ruger sales rep out at the range this past weekend for vendor day and I had a chance to try the .357 with a few 125gr full loads. it was a bit rough.