• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger M77 Mark II aftermarket stock options?

Guns&WhiteWater

Shall not be infringed
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2017
Tellico Plains, TN
I’ve got a Ruger M77 in 260 I purchased at least 15 years ago for deer hunting that I’ve somehow managed to not sell. It’s been sitting in the safe for years, but has a low round count and is fairly accurate for what it is, according to my old reloading log books. I’d like to keep it for nostalgic reasons and am thinking of having it rebarrelled to 6.5x47 and threaded for my TBAC, but there’s not much aftermarket support for the Ruger actions that I can find. Does anyone know of a mid-priced stock with ergos similar to a Bravo that is made for these Rugers? I’m not going to sink money into it if I can’t find a well made stock with an ergonomic grip. Will be used as a beater hunting rifle with lots of range time. Thanks.

The only thing I can think of close to a bravo style with the very grip is to have get one inletted by McMillan, maybe Boyd’s has a model. Pretty sure h&s has an offering, or at least had at some point.
I do believe that mdt offers their lss chassis for it, not a bravo style ergonomics but bravo style in that it’s a chassis.
I hunt with mine so I just left it in the factory wood stock. It’s a bit thin on the barrel channel tops edges with my fat aftermarket barrel in it but it’s been fine so far.

The only thing I can think of close to a bravo style with the very grip is to have get one inletted by McMillan, maybe Boyd’s has a model. Pretty sure h&s has an offering, or at least had at some point.
I do believe that mdt offers their lss chassis for it, not a bravo style ergonomics but bravo style in that it’s a chassis.
I hunt with mine so I just left it in the factory wood stock. It’s a bit thin on the barrel channel tops edges with my fat aftermarket barrel in it but it’s been fine so far.

Thanks bud, I didn’t realize MDT inletted for the Ruger M77’s. McM’s would be my first choice but was hoping for a lower priced option. That whole lipstick on a pig thing.

Thanks bud, I didn’t realize MDT inletted for the Ruger M77’s. McM’s would be my first choice but was hoping for a lower priced option. That whole lipstick on a pig thing.
Yeah, the mdt for a short action I just looked at. I have a long so it wasn’t something I could really consider at the time.
Also. Blasphemy. This pig is sexy. I had pacnor put a barrel on, I put in a timney and pillar bedded it (I wouldn’t mess with the angled pillars were I to do it again, just a spot bed) and it shoots amazingly well. I love the way it runs. Maybe not as a match rifle but for my hunting I think it’s a beast. Mauser style controlled round feed with that big claw and I can feel every little thing that’s going on inside it while running it. Some call it sloppy, I call it feeling the road beneath you, gives me good driver feedback.

Reactions: Chesapeake
Yeah, the mdt for a short action I just looked at. I have a long so it wasn’t something I could really consider at the time.
Also. Blasphemy. This pig is sexy. I had pacnor put a barrel on, I put in a timney and pillar bedded it (I wouldn’t mess with the angled pillars were I to do it again, just a spot bed) and it shoots amazingly well. I love the way it runs. Maybe not as a match rifle but for my hunting I think it’s a beast. Mauser style controlled round feed with that big claw and I can feel every little thing that’s going on inside it while running it. Some call it sloppy, I call it feeling the road beneath you, gives me good driver feedback.

I’m glad someone else gets this. It’s the controlled round feeding and overall robust feeling of the action that has prevented me from selling it. It is stainless but years ago I spray painted it camo-ish so it ain’t much to look at. That was the point though. I did install an aftermarket trigger of some sort way back, I think it was Rifle Basics?? Been too long to remember honestly. But now I would like to begin upgrading everything else on it without breaking the bank. Wish there was more support for these actions. There has to be millions of them out there.