• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger M77(Scout) rifle DBM..now here. No more plastic See pics

CDiPrecision

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Hi Guys. I have the DBM done for the Ruger M77 Scout rifle(this rifle comes with AI magazine compatible DBM, but its junk plastic, and is lame,lol) We designed a Billet aluminum, 3D machined DOM thats a Driect drop in replacement, just un-bolt the old on and bolt in the new one. Easy breezy. IS hard coat anodized black and tough.

This will also work with any Ruger M77 Short action with a hinged floor plate, just inlet the stock and boom- DUN. We will provide inlet services as well.

Thanks for all your support, onwards and upwards.

Jeff and Pam

Ruger%20GSR4.JPG

Ruger%20GSR7.JPG

Ruger%20GSR1.JPG

Ruger%20GSR5.JPG

Nice, same torque specs I presume? I was surprised of how little you place on the factory rear screw. Nice work. Any chance of making the body longer like in the Stealth (PTG) Seems to keep play to a minimum.

Hi Guys. I have the DBM done for the Ruger M77 Scout rifle(this rifle comes with AI magazine compatible DBM, but its junk plastic, and is lame,lol) We designed a Billet aluminum, 3D machined DOM thats a Driect drop in replacement, just un-bolt the old on and bolt in the new one. Easy breezy. IS hard coat anodized black and tough.

This will also work with any Ruger M77 Short action with a hinged floor plate, just inlet the stock and boom- DUN. We will provide inlet services as well.

Thanks for all your support, onwards and upwards.

Jeff and Pam

Ruger%20GSR4.JPG

Ruger%20GSR7.JPG

Ruger%20GSR1.JPG

Ruger%20GSR5.JPG

Excellent job Jeff! Very well done!

How do those rifles shoot as a whole? I like the idea.

The little bit of testing I did on mine

Well, I've been on the fence for a while now about getting one and decided to get one, although I really want to get the 18" SS when I have extra funds and one is about. I'm really happy with this, it's fun and a nice light quick handling rifle. Ruger did a fine job with this one. I do have an Armalite A2 FH on the way and will run irons for the time being. As mentioned in another thread-I would like to see a new rear sight.

I loaded up some training rounds with 3 powder types(Varget/H4895/IMR4064), used Fed brass, CCI primers and Hornady 150 grain FMJBT #3037 and also fired three groups of match loads for validation. It is an accurate rifle considering it's not considered a "match rifle"
Goal was to develope a reasonably accurate practice round and know what various powders will do so I have choices if one isn't available.
I noticed with all three powders, it was an extreme with a 1/2 grain spread, although I attribute a tad to called shots on the large groups.What I did like was the general consistency of impacts with all of the loads.

Shot on the ground @ 100yards with Harris bipod, rear bag. Leupold 2-7x33 Rifleman scope.
Three shots fired per group, I know, I know, 5 and 10, blah blah.

Mark

Blackhills Match, 175 grain- .508(the grease ring is present indicating two in the same spot)
FGMM 175 grain-.825
43 Varget/175SMK- .450 ( I made this load for a Ren 700 I had and it just shoots in everything I try it in)

H4895
43 grains- 1.9
43.5- .865
44- 2.350

Varget
44- 2.1
44.5- 1.125
45- .795

IMR4064
43- .460, yes, .460
43.5- 2.650, wew!
44- 2.5

062_zpsfe03d03c.jpg

The unmarked low one is from the 25 getting it tweaked.
063_zps58a7b31d.jpg

061_zps7fbfb942.jpg

H4895
064_zps049b1d5b.jpg

Varget
065_zps9e84aecc.jpg

066_zps8e4cbeaa.jpg

IMR4064
067_zps1e6ad322.jpg