• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger m77 stocks

skipjack

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2013
I have a M77 Ruger that I’m trying to get recommendations for a stock . It’s a tang safety 6mm rem. The part that has always bugged me is the stock. It’s a factory varmit barrel with a hunting rifle stock. All factory . I have a really nice trigger in it, but I really would like a better stock. I’ve had this rifle for over thirty years and I think it’s time to pass it on to my son. So I would like to fix it up. I’m sure it’s getting due for a barrel. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

You don’t like the wood? I love my wood stock. I pillar bedded it, which I would skip the pillars of doing it again, and had pacnor put a new barrel on it with the timney replacement. It shoots well and I think looks classic still.

1A8EC1F4-C36E-400C-A6DE-35EE846DDB0D.jpeg

McMillan and Boyd’s are basically it but I’m sure you could have a blank of anything inletted.

Reactions: skipjack
Thanks spife. Nice mk2. To be honest I have never been the wood and blue type of guy. I am looking at maybe a nice boyd stock as a option. Looking for something a little stiffer than factory and that might be a option. I will most likely have heart spin me a barrel for it.