• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Ruger Mini-30 Tactical in CT

5hans5

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2011
CT
Likely asked before, but I'm kind of liking the Ruger Mini-30 tactical (581 model, 7.62x39, black hardware, standard synthetic stock, flash hider, 20 round mag). I called a local gun shop for pricing and they said it didn't comply with the CT AWB, but they could sell me the other models. We can't own AKs here, so this stood out as a reasonable option.

Can someone please let me know if I'm right that it does meet the standard as it: Doesn't have a pistol grip, no bayo lug, etc. From what I understand the strikes against it are that it's got a detatchable mag and the flash hider, oh yeah- and it's black(eek). I don't want to pick up one and have it ffl'd into state if it won't comply. I'm not thinking of modifying it other than to put a better heat cage on the top and maybe a scope if I get bored.

Comments appreciated. Heck, if you've got one in CT tell me. If you've got one, let me know what you think of it's groupings, needed mods(longer spring? buffer rod pad? adjustable gas block?) If you've got one you need to part with, let me know. I've found some good pricings, but am open. Thanks.