• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger MK II/III frame-where to get?

sig_equinox

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2010
I've been looking around for a Ruger stainless frame. MK III is preferred but MK II would work as well. I'm planning on "building" my own, still looking and thinking but will probably settle on a threaded Paclite upper.

so far it seems most worth it to buy something like this and get the Paclite when I get some more money later Ruger Standard Stainless

I do NOT want to spend several hundred for a stripped VQ frame.

Any help would be appreciated

Re: Ruger MK II/III frame-where to get?

VQ is the only game in town right now that I could find. I watched gunbroker for 30 days, and finally just bought the cheapest Mark-III that popped up (~$270). I put my TS upper on it, and threw the Ruger upper in a drawer.

I've excepted the fact that I will eventually succumb to the urge to build a $1000+ MKIII.

-Volquartsen complete lower
-Paclite upper
-Tactical Solutions aluminum grips
-TBAC 22S-1

thanks all, I figured I'd have to get a whole gun to start. and BigNoise I can totally relate, I'm trying to keep it cheap for now but it will probably add up over the next year or so LOL

Also lwrkeysfisher how do you like your Paclite?

There is a "wanted" forum on forums.gunbroker.com

Good luck searching...

Since it was admitted that a custom build process might be succumbed to...

I was wondering what benefit you expect from the VQ complete lower?
How much weight savings might you expect with such a build?

"-Volquartsen complete lower
-Paclite upper
-Tactical Solutions aluminum grips
-TBAC 22S-1"

Another member here posted a VQ lower/Pac-lite upper MKIII with a weight of 27oz. This is the 4" fluted, threaded upper and included a fastfire sight. If you are going for light weight, using the basic iron sites will save about four oz from the above weight. I've been trying to run the same info down as I've got the VQ frame here and my Pac-lite is on backorder. Other considerations, the bolt and mainspring are available from a couple of sources, but availability seems to be a little sketchy. The benefit of using the VQ frame is that you get the VQ trigger and light weight. On the other hand, you get the VQ cost. Total for my ground-up build should be ~$125-$150 more than buying a new donor MKIII and the Pac-lite, and I don't have to deal with the magazine disconnect.

Keep an eye on the classified board at Rimfirecentral.com. They pop up there pretty often from one guy. I am not sure what he does that he sells frames as frequently as he does, but I have seen them numerous times.

Keep an eye on the classified board at Rimfirecentral.com. They pop up there pretty often from one guy. I am not sure what he does that he sells frames as frequently as he does, but I have seen them numerous times.