• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Mk IV vs Buckmark 10"

What would be most accurate at 25 yds?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Old Man with Gun

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Feb 4, 2019
    I can't make up my mind. My first pistol was a Mk II 10" bull with a 3x Tasco on it early 80s. And I miss it!

I have a Burris 2-7x32 that I want to throw on something for bench work. My top picks are a Mk IV 10" (don't want MK II magazine) or a used Buckmark 10" like the Silouette or Varmint.

Third option would be another upper for my Volquartsen Scorpion in a 6".

I like the long barrels to be longer than front bag, the Volquartsen I can put a bipod on a bottom rail.

Buckmark Silhouette on an F-Class bipod.
    Add a Burris EER AO for use out to 200 yards.
    I might be biased. ;)

Last edited:
    Buckmark Silhouette on an F-Class bipod.
    Add a Burris EER AO for use out to 200 yards.
    I might be biased. ;)

Neat setup. I hadn't thought of putting a rail and bipod under the wood grip on the Benchmark.

I've had a Gen 1 Buckmark Target since the first year they came out and it's still a favorite. The new version didn't go backwards from what I've seen. Ruger's are solid guns, but like the Glock the grip angle never worked for my 1911 ergo's muscle memory.

I've had a Gen 1 Buckmark Target since the first year they came out and it's still a favorite. The new version didn't go backwards from what I've seen. Ruger's are solid guns, but like the Glock the grip angle never worked for my 1911 ergo's muscle memory.

Thanks for the reply.

I have all kinds of grips and don't notice transitioning between them, so no issue there.

That Mk Ii I had was a hell of a shooter. I remember shooting pennies at 25 yards with bulk ammo and almost never missed. I would use it for squirrel hunting and kept up with my friends using rifles, no problem.

Anyone out there shooting silhouette that can share how how the Mk IV is shooting?

My Buckmark is ridiculously accurate. I hit a jack rabbit square at 25 yards. It actually surprised me when it toppled over. At the range, it is so much fun. Only my weak eyesight limits me. The man next to me had the exact same gun as me, but with a red dot. It was easy to show off. I should put one on mine.
    Having said that, I would buy a mIV if it were allowed in CA. It breaks down so easy. And that lightweight one would be awesome for backpack hunting trips.