• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Mkiii "Racegun" Upgrade Help/Advice/Thoughts

RicosRevenge

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2009
D/FW
Hey guys,

So, I somehow ended up with e Ruger 22/45 MkIII w/ Threaded Barrel and Rails the other day. Haven't shot it and zero about it except it looks pretty cool with my suppressor on it.

Then I started thinking that I could make a pretty sweet and cheap little racegun to cheat like hell on pistol stages for PRC matches since they aren't "knock down" steel targets - just gotta get a hit.

This thread is a little late because I have already raided MidwayUSA for a bunch of parts and ordered a Vortex Venom to put on top; but I am not against throwing something in the parts bin in place of something that may be "better."

Sooo... parts ordered:

- Vortex Venom w/ Pic Rail mount
- TandemKross Hi-Pro Parts Kit (Hammer Bushing, Slingshot UG, LCI Replacement, Ti Firing Pin, Extractor, Ext. Mag Release)
- Extended Mag Bumpers
- TandemKross Trigger
- VQ Target Sear

I'll also end up with the VQ wood target grips and probably a compensator to use vs. the suppressor.

Any other ideas or advice you can give to someone on this project?

Thanks!

Rico

I don't shoot PRS, but I'd make sure that somewhere in the rules it doesn't dictate centerfire pistol. Just sayin'

I obviously would. Honestly, the rifle comp part is very secondary. Really just looking for advice on this little pistol.

Well... it's done for now. I'll get a chance to function test it Saturday assuming the weather cooperates.

Didn't care for the Vortex so switched to a Burris Fastfire 3. Went with the Tandemcross Aluminum grips and they are really nice. Also added a TK compensator. The girlfriend is already claiming it...

Attachments

• photo58258.jpg
    photo58258.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 9
  • photo58257.jpg
    photo58257.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 12