• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger PC 40 carbine.

ERdept

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2008
Orange County, Kali.
I just got a very lightly used Ruger PC 40 (.40 cal) carbine. This thing is tiny. A little larger than the .22 cricket bolt gun for kids.

It's great. Very rugged and reliable. Cycled everything. Including the worst rounds in the world, RANGE RELOADS. Well especially at my range. They're all ill shaped and I realize this is how the range really makes money.

Anyway, it's the best thing I could get for a home pistol calibered rifle in California.

Just wanted to say it's a good item if anyone was thinking about getting one.

Re: Ruger PC 40 carbine.

Glad to hear good things about the PC4. I was hoping to pick up a PC9 this weekend at the gun show, but the only one I found was $600 OTD. I had a small stroke and split.

What is out there for dependable mags for that carbine? And what is the largest capacity .40 cal pistol mag Ruger makes? 12 rounds? I was thinking of geting the 9mm version a few years ago as I have a couple P-89s and a bunch of magazines. Ruger only makes 10 and 15 round mags for 9mm pistols to my knowledge and as usual, most after market mags are dogsqueeze.

The Berretta "Storm" carbine is also pretty nifty for a pistol cartridge carbine, though I have only handled them.

Im pretty sure the Ruger is a 12 or 13 round magazine. I sold mine and have beat myself up quite a bit over it. Even tried to buy it back without any luck. It handles and shoots like a heavier 10-22. The only downside is the frame is machined into the stock so there are no real aftermarket options for it. I know a pistol caliber carbine does not compare to rifle rounds but 180s at 1200 is going to more than tickle....

I've used them in the past and they're not bad. However, I'm gonna have to say that I prefer Marlin's Camp Carbine to the Ruger. Wood stock and all...