• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger PC Carbine Parker Mountain Machine handguard upgrade VIDEO ADDED

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
So...I have been waiting for Parker Mountain Machine to release and ship their handguard/rail for the Ruger PC Carbine for a few months now.

And today, it showed up in the mail.

It took all of about...wait for it...1 minute to swap out the factory handguard with the new PMM. Requiring only one bolt for installation and removal.

First thing...I know some folks think the Ruger PCC is on the heavy side. And at 7+ lbs, it does have some girth to it.
And if you compare it to a 9mm AR platform with light weight parts...yes...it is a bit chunky.
My two 9mm AR rigs weigh in at around 5 1/2-5 3/4 lbs.

So when I first held it, it did feel heavy. It weighs 14+ ounces.

BUT....the factory handguard weighs 7.9oz according to my mail scale.

Once installed I weighed the rig and as you can see in the picture, I am still under 7 1/2 lbs.

OK...YES...it feels WAAAYYYYY better than the factory handguard. I use my PCC strictly for USPSA and Steel Shoots, so the PMM handguard allows me to grab it mush closer to the end of the barrel and allows for better "driving" of the rig.

I have not shot it yet, but so far it is a HUGE improvement over the factory setup.

And the main and most important thing...it just looks....hmmm....gangsta!!!

Oh...and yes....those are MLOK slots and QD holes. Allowing easy installation of lights, lasers, slings, bi-pods, etc.

Here are the pics!

bbcode image

Reactions: Rstrick0352
Nice write up and I appreciate you taking the time. I didn’t know this was available and now that I see it has an optics mount on the forward half of the gun mitigating zero shift, I’m pretty much sold on the rifle. Thanks again.

It looks great! How do like the rifle and how does she shoot? I debated getting one as a play gun.

Disregard, I see the optics mount is in the dovetail of the old rear leaf. Either way, cool piece of kit.

There is no dovetail. Just two screws the hold the rear and front sights on. So easy mounting of the rear ted dot mount.

I was not worried about POA/POI change...I am only shooting a max 40 yards in USPSA. But when mounting the sight on the receiver it sits high and I doubt get a good, repeatable sight picture.
So mounting on the barrel lowers it by about 1/2”. Even with that, I use a 1/4” cheek riser.

It looks great! How do like the rifle and how does she shoot? I debated getting one as a play gun.

Shoots fine. Her is my 50 year old ass trying to be fast with it.

That’s nice looking. Functional too.

I’ve got a Ruger PC on my short list when funds allow.

Nice video and upgrades!
Mine is all stock for now. I tend to either use a sling while shooting or hold it near the mag well.

Your trigger is a complete 10/22 trigger pack or just the trigger itself?