• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ruger Precision 308 rebarrel

Mack 86

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2020
Texas
I’m trying to find a 26-28 inch straight stainless barrel for PRS matches on an RPR. I’ve looked around but only found 20” from proof and Krieger never seems to be in stock. I found a Shaw option but the reviews don’t thrill me on their products. I’m dead set on long heavy barrels but options for an RPR seem to be limited. Any suggestions for a company?

I've bought two Shaw barrels, one for a Howa, one for remington.
Both shoot very well.
They are good, oem barrels, they are not match barrels.
You'll want the stainless steel.

I have a shaw 26 inch .936 diameter barrel chambered in 6.5 creedmoor . It's just ok .75-1 moa . Me personally when it's time to change out the barrel I will be looking else where . You would probably be best to look else where as well .

go through x caliber and order a custom how you want. Every barrel from them I have had has shot really well.

I put a WOA barrel on my RPR back in June. It's a 6mm Creedmoor and a Wilson blank. It shoots really well so far with the same load of H4350 I used with the factory barrel. I've known John for a long time and his shop does superb work.

Reactions: TX_Dan