• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

ruger precision bolt replacement

sifer1

Private
Minuteman
Feb 1, 2021
ontario
ruger precision rifle bolt. hey guys does anyone know if you can get a replacement bolt for your Rpr?? i have a 6.5 creedmoor, and was wondering if you can get a replacement bolt for them. also wondering what is the live span for the bolts. its a gen 2, or can you swap out bolts from another gen 2
thanks

Reactions: wavegeek
ruger precision rifle bolt. hey guys does anyone know if you can get a replacement bolt for your Rpr?? i have a 6.5 creedmoor, and was wondering if you can get a replacement bolt for them. also wondering what is the live span for the bolts. its a gen 2, or can you swap out bolts from another gen 2
thanks
Anarchy outdoors has the firing pin and shroud not sure why you would need to replace the bolt, they would be your go to for that question I doubt anyone makes a bolt for that or if Ruger would allow you to buy a replacement. For example if you destroy the barrel nut on barrel change Ruger makes you send the entire rifle in to them.

thanks

There's rifles out there that are over 100 years old with the original bolt working just fine. The bolt is not a wear part that needs to be replaced. Ever.

How in the fuck do people come up with these assumptions?

thanks
No. Ruger won't sell the bolt alone.
Had an RPR in 6.5 wanted to swap the bolt/barrel to 223 and they told me to kick rocks. They gave me some bullshit 'liability' reason.
Sold the rifle the next day.
No longer a Ruger customer.

I think I already know the answer, but here goes; I have a Gen 3 RPR in 6.5 cm that I would like to rebarrel to a different caliber, but would need a 6.8SPC bolt. Ruger doesn't make the RPR in that flavor, so the question is does anyone have info on a shop that could machine the existing bolt (liablility probably an issue here) to the proper 6.8 specs? TIA

I think I already know the answer, but here goes; I have a Gen 3 RPR in 6.5 cm that I would like to rebarrel to a different caliber, but would need a 6.8SPC bolt. Ruger doesn't make the RPR in that flavor, so the question is does anyone have info on a shop that could machine the existing bolt (liablility probably an issue here) to the proper 6.8 specs?
A long time ago, far, far away, it was a popular modification to open up Remington XP100 chambered in in .221 Fireball (0.378) Specs to .308 sized bolt face, (0.473) The XP was a very beefy firearm with an action that was far in excess of what was necessary for the initial build.

Now with the modification necessary to reduce the bolt face considering the extractor and ejector locations, you are looking at a major bolt modification, that may not be possible. It might be possible to modify a .223 RPR if you could find one, but this really begs the question.

WHY?

What does any round using a 6.8 sized case offer that is so different from what the 6.5 already offers?

Your solution is having a shop build you a custom bolt. My solution, if you have to have a 6.8, sell your RPR and purchase a custom action and build from there. The cost of your proposed project, if possible would likly jsut as expensive as selling your rifle and taking those moneys and adding it to a custom build.

Wondering about the XP-100. Initially chambered in .221 Fireball, it was large enough and strong enough to be chambered in rounds as stout and large as the .458 American (a cut down .458 Winchester Magnum)

Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
There's rifles out there that are over 100 years old with the original bolt working just fine. The bolt is not a wear part that needs to be replaced. Ever.

How in the fuck do people come up with these assumptions?

RPR have issues with the original firing pins breaking. The newer versions supposedly are better. This is why you can find aftermarket replacements.