• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Ruger Rings

csonics

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN, USA
So I recently purchased a used Ruger M77 Hawkeye that came the with stock medium 1in diameter rings. Looks like I am going to have to purchase a set of new 30mm x-high rings for my new Falcon Menace 4.5-18mmx56.

So I called Ruger and they said that I could have exchanged the rings if they were new and still in the package but since they are used I am out of luck...

My question is: do I have to go with Ruger for rings? I've been told that by a couple of sports store salesmen. Are there better alternatives? Thanks!

Re: Ruger Rings

Brownells 1-800-741-0015
Ask for tech staff and tell em' your problem. Many alternatives.
Now putting a 56mm obj scope on a hunting rifle? That's for another day.

Re: Ruger Rings

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Brownells 1-800-741-0015
Ask for tech staff and tell em' your problem. Many alternatives.
Now putting a 56mm obj scope on a hunting rifle? That's for another day. </div></div>

Thanks for the info. As for the 56mm scope. Yeah, I guess it's big but it was an issue of price/performance vs size. I'm using it on a 300 win mag.