• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MtnCreek

Moderater
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
US made? For ~$200 seems like a good deal for dispatching critters and for the kids to shoot.

It is.
do it.

Not as nice as an old Bearcat or Single Six and still a darn nice SA .22.
much smoother than the heritage a buddy got a few years back

Reactions: Chief_Rick
^^^ What he said.
Wolff Springs sells replacement spring kits - stock number 17116.
The loading gate is typically the biggest gripe I hear - it is a PITA to open.
I'm told Single Six, Blackhawk, and New Vaquero grips fit, as well as spring kits for SS, BH, and NMV.
The company literature says it's ok to dry fire - DON'T. It will cause damage in relatively short order and result in failure to fire. Ruger, however, will replace the damaged part (cylinder IIRC) at no charge.
I have found, through limited experience myself but other shooters as well, that Ruger typically has great customer service.

I’ve got one and just as a cheap fun gun it’s fine. But it’s a $200 gun and it shows. Definitely a step down from the single six line. Fit and finish isn’t amazing and the cylinder rotation is a little gritty. Mine even has a run in the Cerakote.

And unfortunately I’ve had to deal with Ruger customer service already this year for one of my other Rugers. I had ordered a bright stainless New Vaquero that when it finally arrived went back to Ruger. When I picked it up every single screw on it had been buggered up like it wss as tightened with an impact gun. And the front sight soldering was showing a huge amount of heat discoloration. Realistically it should have never left the factory by what it looked like so quality control missed big time.
Customer service did care of shipping and replaced the screws but when they buffered the soldering stain they narrowed one side of the sight... I gave up on trying to send it back again but definitely a disappointment for the price.

I own one but haven't shot it yet. The DIY Blackhawk trigger job works on these. I believe the trigger on mine breaks at 1.5 to 2 lbs. The only con is the dreaded fixed rear sight.

Great overall fit and finish for $200 OTD.

That pistol was on my short list if I hadn’t walked into a nice old bearcat. May still be in the market, since the bearcat is almost to nice to carry around all the time.

Reactions: powdahound76
US made? For ~$200 seems like a good deal for dispatching critters and for the kids to shoot.
I bought one awhile back because i have a bunch of 22 shorts. Gotta say, its a great little pistol. Only complaint would be the loading gate is pretty stiff on mine and after a hundred rounds or so my thumb gets a little sore from pushing it open.