• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Rugged Obsidian 45 on sale locally

uffduh

Private
Minuteman
  • Oct 1, 2017
    LGS selling for $550. Reviews look good and price is less than elsewhere. Anyone with firsthand knowledge want to talk me out of it?

Appreciate the feedback. Had pretty much made my mind up already, Santa is coming early

I have an Obsidian 45 I run in long configuration on a G20 hog whacker, makes shooting DT 200 hard cast solids tolerable. Then I got another piston to setup the K config on a G19 host - for plinking with subs that one is pretty quiet. . I have rds and KKM barrels on both those Glocks and they are fun and accurate to shoot (particularly the G20).
    The Obsidian has been trouble-free and versatile. If I were in the market for another pistol can I’d get an Obsidian in 9mm.

So yeah, great price on a very solid can.

And something about these that shouldn't be overlooked, the customer support they offer.

I had a baffle strike and an endcap strike the first time shooting mine on a HK USP T 45. The fault was mine (of course), but Rugged asked me to ship it to them and told me they'd have it back in a week.

They replaced the piston, entire baffle stack and the endcap and had it back to me in a week, door to door. No charge.

I learned that you do have to have the piston fully seated in the forward position before firing or bad things can happen.

Reactions: pwc001 and Blysccr
    I love my Obsidian 45, it sounds great on my M&P 9 2.0 and my threaded 77/44 with heavy subs. $550 is a good deal, I think I got mine for like $585 after a little haggling and still had to pay a transfer fee.

This thread reminds me, I drew up and 3d printed Obsidian wrench, I need to post up the .stl here in case folks are interested.

Got an update that mine should be at LGS in 5 days. Best part is I get conjugal visits while she’s in prison!

Took her for a test drive this weekend on an FNX45. Absolute dream! Didn’t mind the pistol either.

Reactions: Gtscotty
    Awesome can, never seen them priced that low I wouldn’t hesitate

I just got my stamp back on the RO 9. Regretting not getting the .45 instead. I love the 9, but the versatility of the 45 would be awesome.

LGS just called to say my tax stamp is in. Filed form 4 three months ago for this. Thought they were calling about 5.56 I have with them. Hooooly shit!!!!

So 2 questions...
    Where’s the stamp for 5.56 I file 9mos ago?
    And who has an FN45 tactical for sale? Thought I had another 9mos to bargain shop!!!

Does anyone happen to know if they still assign Examiners by last name alphabetically? And is Lucretia Fountain still there? She was my Examiner back in the day.