• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Rugged Radiant 762

Cheyenne Bodie

Fuck
Banned !
Minuteman
Nov 29, 2018
Whore Island
Set my sights on this as my next can. Wondering if anyone has put hands or eyes on them yet, or what you might speculate otherwise.

No minimum barrel length restrictions, full auto and belt-fed rated. Long or short configuration, .30 or .556 end caps available.

12.5oz, 7.5" full length, 1.5" diameter. Titanium and Stellite semi-modular construction.

Product Page: https://www.ruggedsuppressors.com/radiant762/
Silencershop: https://www.silencershop.com/silencers/7-62mm-rifle/rugged-radiant-7-62.html

Standard config. 7.5"

Short config. 5.1"

Sound test @ 14:18 (not metered), dB data @ 11:11.

.308 20" Bolt, long config. - 133dB
.308 20" Bolt, short config. - 139dB
.300BLK 9" AR, long config. (Hornady Black subsonic) - 126dB
.300BLK 9" AR, short config. - Incomplete test

Last edited:
Reactions: manki77
I like it a lot, and consider it maybe the most fantastic suppressor value proposition on the market today. Just barely heavier than the TBAC Ultra 5 (my other favorite), but full auto rated, and with the capability to go long and quiet.

Reactions: Cheyenne Bodie
I have both the razor and micro 30
Cans and could not be happier. Will be getting the radiant later this year

I wish Rugged offered a version with universal mount end threading like the Vox/Nomad/Omega. The Radiant seems like a nice combination of lightweight and toughness, but being able to pick and choose your attachment method is almost a must have these days.

Yea, the mounting options are kind of limited. For a SHTF situation commonality of parts is always a huge plus as well. They basically have the M2 snub nose brake, prong flash hider, and two or three chamber comp. I'm a huge fan of a standard AR style birdcage design specifically, but it's not really a common mount design.

The only reason I'm not going for a TBAC can is that I don't want a fully welded assembly, and the Radiant is around $250 less. TB cans are quantifiably among the top three for any respective caliber, and definitely worth the money. I'm kind of looking for a well performing beater, whereas the Ultra cans strike me as more high performance oriented.

They released this can a few months after I purchased my surge (which is still in jail) I cant wait to get it out of jail.

Haven't used one but handled one at a shop. Felt nice enough same quality I have seen on their other cans. I’ve been considering it for 300blk rifle. The warranty is pretty stealer for what I have been told.

The warranty is pretty stealer for what I have been told.

I've heard good things about the warranty, also they answer their phone and emails. That's a big indicator for me, if a company can't get back to me on questions, there's no way I want to be locked into one of their cans forever. Rugged was good about answering questions I had before I bought my Obsidian, same with SiCo, Liberty, and TBAC, never had any trouble getting in touch with any of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wulf
I do not have any experience with the Radiant, but I do have a Razor. Rugged is a great company, always picked up the phone to answer my horribly simple questions. I recommend if you need to contact them you should call rather than email/use their online contact form. They take a day or two sometimes to get back over email.

Reactions: Gtscotty
I run a 12.5 and 11.5 SBR its great for whats the purpose is. Still need ear pro but does reduce flash and lessen concussion

I have a Rugged Obsidian 9 and love the modularity of it. I also have an older OSS suppressor that is modular and think it's great too(although it's heavy). But the Radiant seems like an awesome can. They also have a 6.5 version for a bump in efficiency if you own a .30 cal rifle. :) IMO, best of both worlds with one device/stamp.

I run a 12.5 and 11.5 SBR its great for whats the purpose is. Still need ear pro but does reduce flash and lessen concussion

I'm not expecting a miracle, absolutely still intended to use ear pro. But if you had to shoot without ear plugs how bad is it? I was between the micro 30 and sandman K but keep coming back to the Micro 30, just due to the fact if i feel like the K variant is unbearable i can lengthen it. I'm thinking i'm going to go ahead and get the micro 30 and then add a radiant 762 next year.

Glad to hear good things on rugged. I have a razor in jail since December as my first can. QD can with a great warranty and 3 mounts for $619 was enough to sell me on it. Still going to wear ear pro, but maybe I won't have to double up anymore.

Looks like a great can on a great sale. Cost was the one thing that made me choose a Sandman S. I've also heard rumblings that Dead Air is making a big bore can to be released soon and I figure I will own that one someday anyway so a 9" 30 cal can wouldn't be as useful. That can is definitely light tho! I was only considering Dead Air or Rugged after a lot of reading since I use gas guns.

Glad to hear good things on rugged. I have a razor in jail since December as my first can. QD can with a great warranty and 3 mounts for $619 was enough to sell me on it. Still going to wear ear pro, but maybe I won't have to double up anymore.

Was there another sale with multiple mounts that i missed?

Was there another sale with multiple mounts that i missed?

Last December they were doing 2 flash hiders on top of whatever you get with the can. I think current promotion is a discount on their .22 can.

Last December they were doing 2 flash hiders on top of whatever you get with the can. I think current promotion is a discount on their .22 can.
Hope that promotion comes out again. That's the trick with these damn things though longer i wait to purchase longer i wait to use.

Reactions: Another Casual
I have a Micro 30 and even though I have limited testing with it, I'm really enjoying it. Great solid build, ability to go to a K config is what made me choose the Micro 30. So far, a winner in my books.

I have a Micro 30 and even though I have limited testing with it, I'm really enjoying it. Great solid build, ability to go to a K config is what made me choose the Micro 30. So far, a winner in my books.

What gun are you running on it?

Keep me posted on how it does on the AR in micro config
Will do. Still need to order a 1/2x28 muzzle device. Silencer shop sent me out a 5/8x24 when I first bought the Suppressor then when my form 4 was approved I bought another and then when I picked up the suppressor from my dealer I noticed there was a flash hider still in the can, guess I lucked out.

What gun are you running on it?

I've been using the Micro 30 for the last 6-7 months and it might be my favorite can, so much so I bought a 2nd one when they had the sale a few months back.

Anyway I started using it in the short configuration on my precision bolt gun and my 12.5" AR. I also have the Sandman K which is pretty damn loud on the 12.5" AR. While the Micro 30 in short configuration is not comfortable to shoot without ear pro, I much prefer it over the sandman k.

The last couple months its strictly been on my bolt gun in the longer configuration and I haven't moved it at all because it is so damn accurate I just didn't want to mess with it.

I'm just waiting for the next sale to get the Radiant now, I'm now a very big fan of the Rugged suppressors.

One thing I did notice was after shooting with it in the long config. for a couple months, (maybe 800 rounds) I was unsuccessful at trying to return it to the short configuration at the range. Probably gonna need a strap wrench or a second pair of hands at the least.

Reactions: Kayakfish1
I've been using the Micro 30 for the last 6-7 months and it might be my favorite can, so much so I bought a 2nd one when they had the sale a few months back.

Anyway I started using it in the short configuration on my precision bolt gun and my 12.5" AR. I also have the Sandman K which is pretty damn loud on the 12.5" AR. While the Micro 30 in short configuration is not comfortable to shoot without ear pro, I much prefer it over the sandman k.

The last couple months its strictly been on my bolt gun in the longer configuration and I haven't moved it at all because it is so damn accurate I just didn't want to mess with it.

I'm just waiting for the next sale to get the Radiant now, I'm now a very big fan of the Rugged suppressors.

One thing I did notice was after shooting with it in the long config. for a couple months, (maybe 800 rounds) I was unsuccessful at trying to return it to the short configuration at the range. Probably gonna need a strap wrench or a second pair of hands at the least.

Awesome to hear i was in between it and the Sandman K for the longest time. Sandman K is like $550 right now but the Micro 30 actually meters considerably better in K config and obviously has the added benefit of more suppression. I also like the options for mounting with rugged better. While i think KeyMo is quicker seems there are limited flash hiders and brakes.

Just wanted to add in here in case nobody saw it, but PVA recently launched a self-timing brake that doubles as a rugged mount. Happily surprised to see some aftermarket support coming in.

Just wanted to add in here in case nobody saw it, but PVA recently launched a self-timing brake that doubles as a rugged mount. Happily surprised to see some aftermarket support coming in.

Just looked those up, definitely going to have to order one before my can gets approved.

Rugged just did a demo for our agency and I had the opportunity to shoot each one of their suppressors. We were very impressed with the construction, mounting options, and most importantly the sound levels of their products. The Radiant had very good decibel reduction in short configuration and exceptional reduction in full configuration.

Reactions: 5RWill
Any other feedback since Sept? Thinking of ordering one or the TB ultra 7.

It would be cool if they sold extra add on sections so you could make it a 9 inch.

I don't have any updates, but the reviews which are out now all seem like it's a top quality modular can. The only thing the TBAC cans don't have in comparison is modularity, and they are sightly heavier comparing respective brake mount system and DT weights. IMO if you don't care about modularity and want direct thread then the TBAC is a better can all day, they're pretty much as good as a supp can get in my mind. I do prefer the tone of the Radiant to pretty much any other 30 can, but that's totally personal preference.

For ~$1100 the Radiant is very comparable to the TBAC at ~$1400, but I expect the POI shift and dB suppression is superior on all the TBAC cans.

I don't have any updates, but the reviews which are out now all seem like it's a top quality modular can. The only thing the TBAC cans don't have in comparison is modularity, and they are sightly heavier comparing respective brake mount system and DT weights. IMO if you don't care about modularity and want direct thread then the TBAC is a better can all day, they're pretty much as good as a supp can get in my mind. I do prefer the tone of the Radiant to pretty much any other 30 can, but that's totally personal preference.

For ~$1100 the Radiant is very comparable to the TBAC at ~$1400, but I expect the POI shift and dB suppression is superior on all the TBAC cans.
Do you have any POI shift on your Radient? Not so much bare rifle to can but when removing and replacing it.

Have had a Surge and Obsidian 45 for a few years now. Fantastic cans and fantastic company.
Couple differences with the Radiant and Surge. Surge has slightly better dB redux. Radiant sounds quieter at the ear tho Raidiant handles gas blow back alittle better and I believe is a little lighter. The modularity is very cool for different calibers but can have problems with disassembly when dirty. Kind of a bummer.

Have had a Surge and Obsidian 45 for a few years now. Fantastic cans and fantastic company.
Couple differences with the Radiant and Surge. Surge has slightly better dB redux. Radiant sounds quieter at the ear tho Raidiant handles gas blow back alittle better and I believe is a little lighter. The modularity is very cool for different calibers but can have problems with disassembly when dirty. Kind of a bummer.
Thanks for the update. I would be shooting on bolts so blowback isn't a big deal to me.

I'm assuming that the .223 cap doesn't make it much quieter than the 30 cal cap does it?

Nope. I have both caps. Never even put the 223 cap on. Waste of money
Kind of figured it was a gimmic. If the gas isn't slowed down by the time it gets to the cap, necking it down there isn't going to help:) What are your thoughts on first round pop on the Radiant?

Nope. I have both caps. Never even put the 223 cap on. Waste of money
That’s interesting you say that. I have 2 buddies that swear the 556 end cap is quieter both in short and long config on my Surge when shooting 556 with the 556 end cap. Personally I couldn’t hear the difference as the shooter.

Do you have any POI shift on your Radient? Not so much bare rifle to can but when removing and replacing it.

My mistake for being unclear, I did not pull the trigger on the Radiant can and don't own one so all of my observations are from reviews and other owners. Originally I had a pistol AR-15 platform and I wanted the Radiant for modularity and general tactical use, now I have a 16" AR-10 style platform and am going with a TBAC can for consistency at longer ranges and a desire for constant "full can configuration" velocity benefits. I'd still be perfectly happy with the Radiant all things considered, but when it comes to long range accuracy the general consensus is that TBAC can't be beaten so I'm erring on the side of tried-and-true— or I should say that I will be if my state laws don't trainwreck the liberty to do so.

My mistake for being unclear, I did not pull the trigger on the Radiant can and don't own one so all of my observations are from reviews and other owners. Originally I had a pistol AR-15 platform and I wanted the Radiant for modularity and general tactical use, now I have a 16" AR-10 style platform and am going with a TBAC can for consistency at longer ranges and a desire for constant "full can configuration" velocity benefits. I'd still be perfectly happy with the Radiant all things considered, but when it comes to long range accuracy the general consensus is that TBAC can't be beaten so I'm erring on the side of tried-and-true— or I should say that I will be if my state laws don't trainwreck the liberty to do so.
No problem.

Anymore news on this can and it's performance would be cool if someone can compare it to a yhm phantom ti.